JPMorgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, payments, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world, serving 85% of Fortune 500 companies to continually deliver industry first innovation.
The Marketing Communications Lead will be responsible for helping to define the brand in Canada. This energetic, innovative, self-starter will have solid experience in the Canadian media landscape, a deep understanding of the payments industry and an ability to utilize their creativity to stand out from the crowd. The ideal candidate will strategically position Chase's products and services in the B2B market with a unique take to drive excitement and engagement with partners, customers and prospects. This position will require someone to be highly flexible and have strong written and verbal communication skills to authentically convey the benefits, features and key insights related to the offerings and brand. There should be a natural curiosity and need to continually take initiative to improve their craft to deliver industry leading experiences. The MarCom Lead will work with the broader marketing and communications team to develop newsworthy stories, compelling experiences and multi-dimensional campaigns. The role requires a candidate that is client-focused, results-oriented, and forward thinking. The incumbent will work cross-functionally within the global organization and will report into the Head of Marketing in Canada.
Develop and lead the Canadian brand communication strategy based on the business positioning and objectives
- Create and execute the strategic direction for PR, social media, influencers, storytelling and content marketing strategies
- Build mutually beneficial relationships among partners, target media and influencers
- Define and enhance the editorial calendar, leveraging resources available globally, in addition to producing local narratives based on data and insights available
- Identify themes, topics and content that will resonate with current customers and prospects, enhancing brand awareness, consideration and lead generation
- Recognize, understand, and effectively navigate potential risks and sensitivities, mitigating issues that may arise with crisis management and proactive communication initiatives, as required.
- Discover news hooks and responsive PR opportunities to gain coverage across media outlets.
- Design and manage effective communications materials, such as (but not limited to) press releases, media alerts, remarks, blog post, and social media content.
- Inspire agency partners to create meaningful ideas, stories and visual concepts rooted in customer truths and insights through highly descriptive briefs
- Oversee media engagement through comprehensive spokesperson prep, on the ground support, and follow-up
- Measure and assess communications to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Manage programs end-to-end from planning, executing, measurement, and budget tracking processes.
- 7+ years of experience in PR, Communications, B2B Content Marketing
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience in public relations industry, storytelling, communication planning and writing
- Experience writing stellar briefs and managing multiple high priority projects with agencies.
- Proven project and financial management experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a keen ability to navigate complex organizations to build collaborative relationships with business stakeholders
- Managing media training, media outreach, and relationships building
- Proven effectiveness in presenting and influencing at the executive level
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate, highly collaborative and calm under pressure to manage rapidly changing priorities
- Strong sense of ownership with commitment to delivering high-quality communications under pressure and tight deadlines
- Understanding of the payments industry landscape and market dynamics is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, and/or Journalism, Master's degree preferred
- Bilingual (English and French) Preferred
We are looking for a team member who is organized, motivated, creative, friendly, and outgoing plus thrives working in a white space and a fast paced environment with a strong willingness to learn.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.