The St. Jacobs Market District is home to Canada's largest year-round indoor market and has been a community staple for over 50 years. In the peak season, the Market is open to the public 3 days a week and supports over 300 farmers, artisans and merchants. There are exciting plans underway to build on the successes of the Farmers' Market and create an even more immersive and exciting tourism destination.
This is a unique opportunity to join the District as a full-time Marketing Coordinator. If you are experienced in executing a cohesive branding strategy, have a strong aptitude for developing and implement a social media program and are passionate about working with entrepreneurs and the small business community then this is the job for you.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by February 19, 2021. In your cover letter please include salary expectations. Successful candidates chosen for an interview will be asked to provide examples of original marketing content developed in support of a brand strategy (messaging, graphics, social posts, etc).
The Market Coordinator is responsible to:
- Assist in the development and leads the execution of an annual marketing plan for all of the Market District businesses (Farmers' Market, Antique Market, Outlet Mall)
- Build and leads in the execution of a content calendar that aligns with marketing plan and seasonal campaigns.
- Assist with planning process, providing marketing/design templates to deliver consistent outputs that drive our commercial agenda.
- Create original, engaging content that contributes to cohesive messaging and brand image across a variety of platforms (i.e. social media, blogs, website, newsletters)
- Oversee all aspects of the District's various social media channels
- Utilize SEO marketing strategies and analytics to optimize digital presence
- Build and leverage relationships with strategic marketing partners
- Take professional photographs for the purposes listed above
- Create and manage a central repository of key marketing planning and strategy documents that ensure easy access for staff
To be successful as our new Marketing Coordinator, you will:
- Demonstrate experience in strategic marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate experience in the strategic use of multiple social media platforms
- Be detail oriented with strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrate capacity in graphic design programs including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and/or InDesign
- Possess knowledge of SEO analytics
- Demonstrate experience in photography
- Be creative and innovative
It would be an asset if our new Director of Lifestyle Options has a Degree or diploma in marketing, communication and/or graphic design or sufficient relevant experience.
How St. Jacobs Market District supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training and personal growth opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings
The St. Jacobs Market District is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.