Position: Communications & Content Coordinator
Location: Conestoga College
- Doon Campus
Reporting to: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Time Requirement: 35 hours per week (some evenings and weekends may be required)
Pay Band: $38,000 to $53,000
The Communications & Content Coordinator is responsible for leading external communications, press releases, and speeches given by executives/employees, as well as owning all communication aspects of web, social media presence, and content. Their expertise allows them to collaborate and co-develop marketing and communication plans, marketing goals, and promotional activities. The Communications & Content Coordinator ensures the accuracy of our brand and company with consistent branding and corporate identity across all marketing and communication platforms.
In carrying out the duties of this position, a great deal of autonomy is exercised with final overview by the Marketing & Communications Coordinator. It is also important that the Communications & Content Coordinator works extremely closely with all members of the marketing, events, and communications team to ensure they create a consistent representation of the CSI organization, and to ensure that the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is up-to-date on the basic overall marketing and communications efforts. In all activities, it is crucial that the Communications & Content Coordinator recognizes that service to students is a top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of all external communications
- press releases, speeches given by executives/employees, company presentations, etc.
- Final editing & proofreading of all external communications/marketing
- press releases, speeches given by executives/employees, company presentation, training programs, paper media, social media, website, etc.
- Ownership of all social media and website content; providing final edits, approvals, and postings for all platforms. (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, website, etc.)
- Monitor CSI social media for accuracy related to services, representation, activities and updates
- Respond to student comments or inquiries on social media
- Assist in classroom presentations where required
- Assist in ensuring the marketing and events goals & targets are met as outlined in the annual CSI marketing & communications plan
- Collaborating with Events Coordinator and the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to develop targeted marketing campaigns
- Annual revision of college student guides and documents ensuring CSI accurately represented
- Ownership of the social media contest rewards, prizing, gift bags, etc.
- Ensure all communication distributed to students and college are compliant with AODA
Other General Duties
- Active membership on the Sponsorship Committee; ensure sold sponsorship space is accurately included in external media outreach
- Assist in the on-site set up, production and clean-up of events where required
- Work in accordance with corporate by-laws, policies, and procedures, particularly to the CSI Mission Statement
- Adhere strictly to health & safety laws, policies, and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality for business practices
- Work in an organized manner where detail, accuracy and confidentiality are critical
- Mandatory attendance at CSI related training days
- Other duties as assigned
This position spends long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. Lifting of supplies and materials up to 30lbs is required from time to time.
This position performs work primarily in a busy, open area office and is faced with frequent interruptions and meetings with others on a regular basis. Travel between campuses and performance of work from home is required as needed. Some work may be required after office hours and on weekends.
This position requires long periods of intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend long hours on the computer entering information which requires visual focus, attention to detail, and high levels of accuracy. Long periods of standing and walking may also be required for setting up, running, and tearing down events and activities.
This position is expected to manage and meet multiple competing deadlines, which can cause significant stress. The incumbent also deals with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Completed post-secondary education in communications, public relations, or other related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in a communications role
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with social media platforms, apps, and programming
- Experience creating and editing press releases, company statements and speeches