Reporting to the Manager, Content Services, the Communications Coordinator will provide communications and planning support for PHSA's digital communications channels. The Coordinator collaborates with peers on the Content Services team to edit or create content for PHSA's channels, sharing organizational information and updates as well as stories of success. This includes close collaboration with the Communications Officers supporting web and intranet strategy, to identify user needs, provide planning and communications advice, and evaluate online content for PHSA's intranet and websites. The Coordinator will support training and coaching of web authors and editors, including use of SharePoint, writing for the web and managing content.
What you'll do:
- Provide communication and planning support to content editors and authors, including identifying user needs and assisting authors in preparing content. Use writing, design skills and light editing to ensure content follows best practices in digital communication.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of communications policies and guidelines regarding web-based content and ensures these policies and guidelines are understood and practiced by PHSA staff.
- Provide coaching and advice to clients to facilitate the application of tested usability standards that support best practices in digital communication.
- Monitor and responds to staff feedback about PHSA's intranet and websites, resolving issues where appropriate and providing updates to the Manager, Content Services and web strategy team.
- Collaborate with and participate as a member of the Communications team to meet newsletter, bulletin and event timelines and ensure quality and consistency in communication.
- Support the maintenance of digital channels and help compile data and analytics to show usage, trends and whether channels are meeting communications goals.
- Liaise with the IMITS web solutions team to report any intranet or web issues that cannot be resolved without technical support.
What you bring:
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or Website Design, combined with three to five years of experience in a communications role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Skill and proficiency using current web-based technology practices, including content management systems such as Sharepoint, Drupal, or WordPress. Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and effectively prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle projects and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and flexibility to reprioritize quickly to meet changing priorities.
What's in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too
- offering health, wellness, development programs to support you
- at work and at home.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Closing date: February 26, 2021
Reference number: 104227E
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people
- Be compassionate
- Dare to innovate
- Cultivate partnerships
- Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.