?Powering Economies and Communities?
TransAlta owns, operates and develops a diverse fleet of electrical generation assets in Canada, the United States and Australia, providing municipalities, industries and businesses with safe, low-cost and reliable clean electricity.
For over 100 years, TransAlta has been a responsible operator and proud community-member where its employees work and live. We are committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountabilities, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
For more information about TransAlta, visit our website at, www.transalta.com
TransAlta is currently looking to hire a full time Manager, Corporate Communications reporting to the EVP, People, Talent & Transformation. In this role, you will navigate a high-growth environment and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, initiative and confidentiality.
In addition to managing internal communications initiatives, you will be responsible for leading a team that will develop and deliver a communications strategy that focuses on building engagement, fostering a unique culture, advances the TransAlta brand, supporting change management and building on TransAlta's brand.
This role will appeal to an individual who is both responsive and predictive, has a formidable work ethic, possesses a strong intuition and empathy that allows you to understand people, and the best ways to communicate to, and for them.
- Develop and execute TransAlta's annual internal communications strategy(ies) and plans to ensure our people:
- understand the role they can each play in supporting our strategic priorities;
- can access and absorb information through the right mediums at the right time;
- experience our culture in all communications.
- Provide leadership for optimal performance, by selecting, developing and managing direct reports capable of producing the agreed deliverables.
- Develop a variety of high-quality, impactful communications including plans, presentations, scripts, key message documents, and social media campaigns that are relevant and timely to support execution of company-wide programs.
- Lead regular company-wide communications, including newsletters, emails, blogs and town halls, to keep employees informed about short-term and long-term company objectives and to drive understanding, engagement and enthusiasm in support of those objectives.
- Work with the Talent & Transformation team to develop a TransAlta Employee Value Proposition and incorporate our Employer Brand in all TransAlta communications and resources.
- Support senior leaders in communicating complex programs, key decisions, and organizational changes, and look ahead to upcoming internal and external events that will drive the need for a new or revised communication strategy.
- Manage measurement plans, identify key performance measures and metrics, and evaluate insights to optimize future communications.
- Partner with our Talent & Transformation team to lead the development and execution of internal communication plans for new programs, policies, and changes.
- Earn trust, provide counsel, and effectively communicate with a range of internal stakeholders.
- Align internal communications as appropriate with public relations, marketing, and other external messaging to maintain an up-to-date understanding on information being disclosed publicly.
- Advise on standard methodologies and facilitate the delivery of key communications vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing Communication preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience developing and executing communication programs, ideally in a multi-national, public company or distributed work environment.
- 5-7 years leadership experience with a proven track record of scaling positive company culture and maintaining high employee engagement.
- Proven track record using technology to support communications strategy and execution.
- Experience and comfort collaborating closely with C-suite executives and handling sensitive issues and confidential business matters.
- A creative thinker who can think strategically and able to respond with requested deliverables in a timely manner.
- An expert communicator with impeccable written and verbal skills, including a knack for storytelling and the ability to translate business priorities into relevant and engaging content.
- An empathetic listener with keen situational awareness and the ability to adapt to the right tone.
- A collaborative problem-solver who excels at bringing the right people, ideas, and information together to create business and cultural impact.
- A self-starter capable of working independently and identifying new opportunities in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment.
- A strong project manager who is both creative and resourceful with an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint platform and digital and social media platforms.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta's excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.