Position Title:Director Sales, Pacific Region
Position Type: Regular
Requisition ID: 6683
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you'll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada's largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength
- and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Director Sales, Pacific Region
Vancouver, British Columbia
In this new and exciting role, Day & Ross will require you to build sustainable and profitable sales that are growth focused through the development and implementation of customer specific strategies to retain and grow existing accounts. You will monitor, measure and lead a team of sales professionals to ensure they are maximizing new business development, existing account growth opportunities and client retention.
How You'll Help
- Develop and maintain the sales strategy including standardized proposals that are aligned with the overall company growth strategy.
- Provide clear and concise direction in order to maximize sales potential. Monitor industry trends and proactively identify opportunities and threats.
- Lead the sales team in a solution based and value-added selling methodology to the customer.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing quarterly customer dashboard reporting system.
- Proactively engage executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship that favorably positions long-term business opportunities for Day & Ross.
- Support the sales teams both in customer presentations as well as a well-defined sales approach for individual opportunities.
- Play a fundamental role in developing future growth initiatives, provide vision, direction and leadership for the field sales team ensuring Day & Ross sales professionals are best-in-class within the B to B sector.
- Drive integrated planning and execution; coordinate both sales and operations teams within the organization to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Interface with both internal and external industry vertical experts to anticipate changing client needs and facilitate solution development.
- Identify, nurture and support the delivery of new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in Day & Ross share, revenues and margin. Will also ensure movement of opportunities to close, as well as to develop, pipeline activity within the sales team.
- Engages internal partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue sales objectives.
- Provide professional development and sales training opportunities necessary to ensure sales professionals meet their stated objectives.
- Act as a representative of the company at industry events to network with industry leaders and prospect possible business opportunities, including potential speaking engagements.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to subordinates and other employees. Establish individual objectives, conduct performance appraisal reviews, recommends salary action, and implement succession planning. Oversee and manage professional development to support the leadership development program.
- Develop, implement and track on a regular basis sales metrics for visual understanding of performance against plan elements.
Your Skills & Experience
- You are a university graduate with a major in business or marketing degree; a MBA would be considered an asset. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years' of experience leading a National sales force in a complex B to B sector, where the approach was based on a solutions sell, value added methodology.
- You have received specific training in negotiations, sales force management, sales force automation, developing customer scorecards, creating formal presentations and working as part of a team to maximize results.
- Experience in building and leading a team of high performing sales professionals utilizing strategic account management.
- You are a forward-thinker who possesses strong sales abilities and a high degree of professionalism and relationship building skills. You have superior writing, presentation and overall communication skills.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
- Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver