The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations
- Interact with both walk-in and telephone customers
- Provide sales and quotation support to customers and offers product advice and/or alternative products to the customer.
- Provide technical support on the application of products.
- Write up customer orders for pick up and delivery
- Accurately handle cash/sales transactions
- Ensure attention to detail and accuracy in order entry process for customers
- Ship and track orders
- Maintain records of rental inventory, status and ensure billing is completed each month
- Stock shelves for showroom and assist with merchandising
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, attending product knowledge meetings and educational workshops.
- Follow all safety practices as outlined in the health & safety manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel
- Must have at least 2 years of Counter sales/Customer service experience
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of various construction products and their applications is an asset.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills. Strong reading skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits if needed.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent