- Front-End Developer
Pethealth Oakville, 710 Dorval Drive, Oakville, Ontario, Canada Req #262
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Our Mission at Pethealth Inc. is to bring vitality to lives... furry and otherwise. This includes pets, and the people who care for them; our employees, our partners, our customers, our business and our communities.
- Front-End Developer
The Front-End Developer position is primarily responsible for the implementation of effective visual elements of Company's North American brand websites. The successful candidate will work directly within the digital marketing team and this role is ideal for someone who: takes initiative, is a self-learner, resourceful, able/ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The work done in this role will provide a better user experience for site visitors. .
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide input into User Interface (UI) design
- Development of the new HTML pages and view models used by the frontend
- Create innovative solutions to web design issues to help make products more visually appealing and enhance usability by writing CSS to style the frontend and analyze/improve User Experience (UX) flow of the screens
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive development of new features, content experiences, and innovative digital experiences
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our solutions render well across multiple platforms and devices
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product interfaces
- Provide input to the technology leadership, project management and account teams to define deliverables and timelines
- Successfully bridge the gap between business and technology through effective communication
- Understand the impact of Web design on site usability, marketing and SEO optimization fundamentals
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Design or another related field required
- 3+ years' web development experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Certifications, Licenses, Software Programs, KSA's):
- Experience with current web frameworks (preferably MVVM/.NET)
- Understanding of the modern UI/UX web design principles
- Experience with CSS/LESS
- Experience with responsive and adoptive designs
- Experience with Content Management Systems (preferably DotNetNuke)
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager an asset
- Analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Team orientation and great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Programming
- Experience building cloud applications (ideally specifically Microsoft's Azure)
- Experience with Kendo components
- Skilled in troubleshooting, fixing bugs
- Proficient in cross browser development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to seek input when needed
- Able to work with fast timelines and meet all coding and QA due dates
- Display a high sense of urgency and react quickly to ever changing business needs
WORK REQUIREMENTS :
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics.
- Be able to lift up to 10lbs. occasionally.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, . If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days. Pethealth is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.