Location: 1 President's Choice Circle, Toronto, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Internship opportunity: Communications Intern
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada's food and pharmacy leader, with a network of corporate and independently- operated stores in communities across the country, employing close to 200,000 Canadians.
Loblaw's Corporate Affairs communication team is looking for an intern to assist with external and internal communication support. Responsibilities include:
External Public Relations:
- Monitor and triage email from media
- PR program support including planning, research, media outreach and coverage tracking
- Media material development, editing and management
- Influencer partnerships and program support
- Press mailings and media segment support
- Research and writing support
Internal Public Relations:
- Write and edit articles for the company intranet site
- Assist in material development and store liaison for new store openings
- Support the internal communications team with Town Halls, Conferences and other events
Role Requirements :
- University degree or enrollment in an equivalent Communications and/or Public Relations program
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create content quickly to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Drive, motivation, initiative and a results-oriented perspective
- Valid driver's license and access to vehicle
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Assets: graphic design experience, bilingualism
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Megan Menard (via Isarta).
How You'll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type: Temps plein
Type of Role: Poste contractuel (Durée déterminée)
Type of Contract : Durée déterminée
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.