At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we're up for the challenge. From our office in Downtown Toronto, we've created leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we're only just getting started.
The Impact you'll make
As an Audience Strategist within the Marketing Intelligence team, you will collaborate with peers in demand generation, digital messaging, web analytics, data science, and experimentation to advance our audience targeting strategy, analytics capabilities and depth of audience insights. You will develop new channel capabilities and a holistic customer view to provide personalized experiences for our customers. We're looking to turn our enviable wealth of data into actionable insights and meaningful recommendations that drive growth and improve engagement for customers across all our lines of business.
What you'll do
- Provide thought leadership on the use of audience data and insights, working with stakeholders across the business to determine opportunities for data driven personalization strategies across acquisition, retargeting and remarketing to directly deliver improvements in media performance and overall experience on our owned and operated digital properties
- Be hands on
- Leverage 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources to build relevant audiences to create segments, monitor segment sizes and match rates within our DMP, data warehouse and across our media platforms
- Query, mine, extract and transform raw data from our data warehouse to enable marketing execution
- Collaborate with our Data Science and Analytics teams to develop propensity models and k-means clustering
- Identify new opportunities to share segments with 3rd party vendors by building and maintaining new data pipelines
- Collaborate with marketing teams & digital activation teams to build audience centric measurement & reporting
- Collaborate with marketing technology teams to test & implement new audience capabilities
- Be an advocate for the Marketing Intelligence team by evangelizing new capabilities which can unlock growth opportunities and customer experience enhancements
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Mathematics, Engineering or Economics, with a sound understanding of data analytics
- 3+ years experience implementing customer segmentation strategies with a deep knowledge of segmentation principles, measurement methodologies and audience analysis
- A strong understanding of digital marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to measure performance across those channels
- Hands-on experience with a DMP (ex. Adobe Audience Manager), web analytics platform (ex. Google / Adobe Analytics) and media buying platforms (ex. Google, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- Ability to query transactional, loyalty & web analytics raw data using SQL. Experience with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery is a big plus!
- Experience using R or Python to transform, process, and model data
- Proven ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations, POV statements, strategic and operational recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs
How you'll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We're able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.