We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Lab,we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world.
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale
- helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to
- and among
- edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
When collaborating with local universities, you can be certain to meet some inspiring, young talent. The relationships Nokia builds with students while offering internship opportunities are priceless, and recently was recognized when our Ottawa campus was nominated as a top co-op employer in the city. We look forward to continuing this great initiative.
The IP and Optical Network Learning Services Operations Team manages a variety of industry first certification programs. A global initiative with hundreds of customers and employee groups participating worldwide, our team is looking for a technical editor to perform a complete editorial review of all course and exam content following editorial guidelines currently used by Nokia.
- Identify and correct errors in our program content that is delivered to customers in global training centers
- Work with various subject matter experts on the Courseware Development team to clarify awkward or confusing sections of courseware, taking into account the diverse background of students
- Update PowerPoint presentations according to standardized template provided
- Help design and implement standardized format for PowerPoint and lab diagrams
- Review and correct exam questions for grammar and clarity
- Develop processes to improve the revision and publication of new courseware
- 2nd year+ co-op student registered in a recognized Co-Op or Intern Program at a Canadian College or University; Arts; Communications, English or Rhetorical Writing.
- Experience in technical editing
- Strong English language and editing skills
- Experience with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with illustration and/or video editing software considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Engineer/ Professional.
- Competitive salary and perks such as on site gym
- If you are relocating from a college or university that is outside of Ottawa, we will provide you with a relocation bonus
- Work balance and inclusive company culture.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.