YOUR superpower IS BUILDING community.
Closing: When filled
Location: Edmonton South
Social gatherings have gone virtual and you're the ultimate host-creating welcoming online environments that bring people together, build connections, and foster a sense of belonging. You understand that true engagement requires strategic planning, solid analytics, and the ability to foster meaningful, authentic relationships. It's about knowing what matters to the group so you can keep them interested, motivated and involved. Using knowledge of the AMA brand, you'll support our community strategy by developing strong partnerships with influencers, building virtual communities, and nurturing brand ambassadors that share our goals, values and interests.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You've got the heart, vision and drive of an entrepreneur. You don't wait for work to come to you, you look for untapped opportunities everywhere you go.
- You're online so much, it's like a second address.
- You understand that social media is a two-way street-and you love getting the conversation started.
- You thrive on creating meaningful online experiences that help people connect, learn, and get inspired.
- You're a virtuoso of customer service; when the community has questions, you find answers.
- Your passion for research, organization and online innovation is matched only by your love of communication and community.
- You're committed to staying on top of best practices, platform updates, and emerging trends in social media.
- You're a natural at creating lasting partnerships with stakeholders; collaboration is the name of your game.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Director, Corporate Communications.
- Build, moderate and nurture growing AMA communities on social media to unite people with common interests and goals.
- Use metrics to inform decision-making and ensure continuous growth and engagement.
- Truly listen to members to gain insights and understand needs.
- Support community engagement and brand affinity through the development of strategic partnerships, content planning and event coordination.
- Build awareness of upcoming events, news and activities by creating engaging text, image and video content.
- Be a strong self-editor whose copy is as clean as it is compelling and creative.
- Work with internal groups to develop strategies to attract more people to our new and emerging communities.
- Identify opportunities to reinforce the value and relevance of AMA membership through our communities in an organic way. It's not about the hard sell.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, brand management, marketing or a related field.
- You're no newbie. You have at least 5 years of experience working with multiple social media platforms.
- You have at least 3 years proven experience working with brands to build, engage and grow thriving online communities.
- You love to laugh and know that having fun on the job is part of what makes you so effective at what you do.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day