Business Manager, Winnipeg
Winnipeg, MB, Canada Req #551
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Location: ALS Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reports to: Regional Director, Eastern Canada Environmental
About the Position
The Business Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations and client experience of the Winnipeg laboratory. The focus of this role is to achieve financial and operational targets while driving market share growth. In this role, you will support corporation direction, while ensuring compliance, quality, employee health & safety and human resource best practices are followed.
- Manage all aspects of a production laboratory, workflow coordination, staffing, quality and safety to support the regional business strategy;
- Develop business opportunities and grow revenue;
- Deliver an excellent customer service experience that meets or exceeds expectations;
- Manage the annual operating budget and conduct business forecasting as required;
- Meet or exceed all financial targets including ROS, EBIT and TEC;
- Assists with the development and implementation of the local business strategy;
- Exemplify ALS Core Values and fosters a workplace culture that reflects these values;
- Effectively manage human resources on site including recruiting, performance management, employee relations and supporting ongoing employee development;
- Actively encourage and support employee engagement through corporate or local initiatives;
- Foster a robust quality and safety culture in the laboratory by communicating and upholding ALS policies and programs.
The ideal candidate has:
- Completion of a recognized BSc. degree or technical diploma in Chemistry or related field;
- 5 years of experience in analytical testing or consulting in the Environmental industry;
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity;
- Experience managing unionized employees and administering a Collective Bargaining Agreement an asset.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated ability in providing operational and strategic leadership with a focus on results;
- Ability to effectively lead and manage change in a dynamic working environment;
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated judgement and a strong ability to problem solve;
- A commitment to learning and development with an orientation for continuous improvement;
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong commitment to customer service, safety and quality.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than February 28, 2021.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.