Janssen Canada, a part of Johnson & Johnson Inc., is recruiting for a National Sales Director Primary Care located in Toronto, Ontario.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Janssen Canada has a focus on evolving from being the market leader that delivers valuable medicines and services to the market, to the leader that also delivers sustainable and measurable health outcomes for patients. We are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
The NSD is accountable for delivering business results through the activation and motivation of a high- powered sales team. The NSD will lead the Regional Business Managers (RBM's) in the field execution of the business strategy, including a focus on advancing the Janssen Experience and optimizing the CRM system. The National Sales Director plays a critical role in the development of brand strategy and coordinates our cross functional go-to-market plan with targeted customers. The NSD is also responsible for sales force design, leading incentive planning, leading sales talent acquisition, development and retention, and dedicating time to personal customer engagement to drive insights.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading development and implementation of RBM and Territory Manager business plans aligned to go to market (GTM) plans
- Embedding adoption of technology including computer and internet applications, data input and analytics, to optimize efficiency, planning and coordination of efforts, to accelerate customer impact
- Leading the development and communication of sales dashboard metrics to assess performance against key strategic initiatives led by the salesforce
- Optimizing our field resources, by leading sales force design including size and territory alignment
- Leading the development and understanding of incentive plans that are aligned to sales and marketing strategies and that motivate and engage the sales force
- Overseeing the compliant GTM execution across sales including Omnichannel strategy
- Cultivating and growing customer partnerships through field time to drive insights that support the creation of aligned priorities that drive business results
- Participating as an active member of the Sales Leadership Team
- Developing deep expertise within own therapeutic area
- Regular business implementation team attendance and participation, acting as the field conduit to bring forward sales perspective, insights, issues and opportunities
TALENT DEVELOPMENT AND ENGAGEMENT
- Collaborating with Sales Leadership Team to define field talent strategy, including required current and future capabilities, in alignment with HR and J&J approaches
- Actively advancing the talent strategy within own business unit
- Leading specific corporate or divisional initiatives aligned to Janssen's overarching strategic goals
- University degree in science and/or business
- MBA is an asset
- 8-10 years of combination experience in Health Care Marketing and Sales positions is required
- Experience in people leadership, including experience in Sales Management and/or managing manager level talent is required
- Experience in senior marketing leadership roles would be an asset
- Experience working in Primary Care would be an asset
- Foundational competence in Strategic Plan Development and Implementation, Business Planning Process execution/measurement, Forecasting and Market Research, and broad Leadership skills and presence
- Connect with internal/external stakeholders, and cultivate meaningful partnerships, Shape the development of innovative, solutions and drive and adapt to change, and Grow others to become their best
- Track record of consistently delivering results through others, and demonstrating and inspiring behaviors that reinforce Our Credo
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- Bilingual in English/French would be an asset
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-19 Green Belt Drive
Janssen Inc. (7710)