Date Posted: 02/09/2021
Req ID: 2582
- Division of University Advancement
Department: Adv Communications and Marketing
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) promotes and supports the University of Toronto by engaging a worldwide community of more than 600,000 alumni, plus many donors and friends. DUA encompasses a highly skilled team of staff focused in the areas of development, alumni and volunteer engagement, advancement services, and advancement marketing and communications. The uniquely integrated structure encourages each division to bring its particular strengths and expertise to the common cause of advancing U of T's relations with alumni, donors, and friends.
DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University's vision for growth and innovation. We are focused on doubling fundraising performance on a sustainable basisÍ¾ enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni participation and programsÍ¾ building advancement capacity within and across divisionsÍ¾ creating an organization and culture that fosters leadership, initiative, effectiveness, and communityÍ¾ and contributing to the creation of an external relations strategy for a transforming image, reputation and standing of U of T along an axis of differentiation and excellence.
Reporting to the Director, Integrated Marketing & Strategy Planning, the Associate Director, Marketing & Client Relations is responsible for the successful development and management of client relationships at DUA centrally and across multiple Divisions at the University. The Associate Director manages strategic and integrated advancement communications and marketing initiatives centrally and for divisions across the University. The Associate Director builds a value-driven partnership through strategic, creative and project management support and consulting; manages the development of both central and divisional communications strategies and materials and ensures their quality and consistency across the University; establishes a content-driven integration function within the Advancement Communications & Marketing (ACM) team both at the strategic and executional levels and develops and implements multi-channel project plans that seamlessly integrate the division's expectations and goals into communication and marketing plans.
The Associate Director of Marketing & Client Relations plays a pivotal role in ensuring overall client satisfaction by: representing Advancement Communication & Marketing to internal and external stakeholders; leads and manages innovative service delivery; champions and leads effective consultation on, and development of brand principles and client-focused approaches and ensures alignment with integrated marketingstrategies for all projects and identifies risks to success and act to redress and mitigate them in consultation with the ACM team members and others. Additionally, the incumbent supports current creative development and production processes and systems, as well as outputs. The aim is to integrate all of the ACM's functional units at the project initiation stage of work, and to continuously improve work flow between ACM, DUA, and the divisions, aiding in the improvement of the portfolio's level of efficiency, as well as ensuring continued strategic, creative and executional excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
Developing a comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy
- Developing and implementing marketing plans to promote programs, events and/or initiatives that support strategic objectives
- Advising internal stakeholders on strategic approaches and tactics
- Cultivating ongoing, high-profile prospective partnerships that advance strategic agendas
- Developing charter, scope, resources and schedule for project(s)
- Liaising with clients throughout the project to provide updates and ensure clients' needs and objectives are captured
- Fostering stakeholder engagement and maintaining relationships with project partners
- Responding to escalated complaints using informal negotiation skills
Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, mass communications or marketing (or relevant field); or combination of education and experience.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and communications programs
- Experience in the field of advancement or alumni relations preferred
- Experience as a strategic integrated marketer with a track record of developing, implementing and managing complex, multi-channel, marketingand communications strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Experience in market research and analysis to develop strategies, evaluate initiatives and make recommendations and prepare reports
- Experience managing senior level client portfolios within a multi-stakeholder environment, Experience providing advice and solutions for highly complex marketing challenges to senior level client portfolios
- Experience with strategy development (brand, marketing and communications), multi-channel, multi-audience marketing and communications planning; Experience with implementation and production management of marketing and communications materials
- Experience with digital and social media strategy and tactics and their integration across other communications and marketing channels to effectively reach target audiences and drive results.
- Experience managing large marketing and communications projects, involving many or all University divisions simultaneously, that are high profile and involve senior leadership across the institution
- Computer literacy: word processing, spread sheet programs, scheduling software, Power Point.
- Must have strong project and team management skills; effectively manage and lead cross functional project teams in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete project deliverables per target timelines and requirements.
- Experience in developing and executing all forms of print communication (newspaper ads, brochures, cases for support, proposals, direct mail, outdoor banners, event-related materials, etc.), broadcast-quality video and all forms of digital communications products (websites, e-newsletters, online banners, etc.).
- Ability to develop solutions and gain alignment to recommendations
- Strong decision making skills demonstrated by strategies that move the organization forward, effective goal setting, action plans and evaluation of successes and failures.
- Ability to use professional expertise and thorough knowledge of clients' needs to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to analyze and bring creative resolution to issues affecting client service. Ability tomanage multiple resources effectively through collaboration and influence. Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 02/21/2021, 11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 16
- $88,643 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $113,359. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Yarlesha Anantharajah