We're looking for an Internal Communications, Senior Manager to continually foster a culture of connectedness across our global business. Reporting into our Director, Internal Comms, you'll design comms plans and create content that aligns with our organizational values, helping to ensure all Hootsuite employees are able to do their very best job by understanding the business, our strategy and what contributes to our success. You'll work closely with our most senior leaders, as a trusted advisor and partner in organization wide initiatives and projects , all while upholding the guiding principles of trust and transparency, advocating for the employee experience, and championing diversity, equity and inclusion. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Director, Internal Communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as a strategic partner to a wide range of internal stakeholders, including c-suite and senior management teams across all departments and regions, in managing internal communications for our global employee base.
- Responsible for community management of Hootsuite's social corporate intranet, Workplace by Facebook through ongoing planning, implementing and monitoring the effectiveness and alignment with the overall communication strategy.
- Provide leadership and expert advice and collaboration on several organization wide strategic, change management and other related projects.
- Lead and facilitate effective project teams and cross functional interactions across Hootsuite.
- Develop and implement internal communications measurement and analytics strategy, collaborating with Director, Internal Communications to ensure alignment with the overall framework of communications plan.
- Develop, manage and roll-out communications tools and mechanisms including messaging cascades, focus groups, surveys, and more
- Be a key stakeholder in the overall planning, implementation and content curation for our most important all-employee touchpoints, such as our annual KickOff, Town Halls and other similar global events.
- Collaborate closely with our People Partners and regional stakeholders to stay close to the issues and ideas across our global business
- Develop and maintain close relationships with regional stakeholders, ensuring that we think globally in our communication efforts
- Strategically partner with the Corp Comms team to ensure our corporate narrative is integrated across our internal and external communications.
- Have a seat at the table and contribute to our plans as a member of an HR team focused on providing exceptional employee experience
- Apply the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion to every comms initiative you're involved with
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Extensive experience in communications; prior internal communications experience is a strong plus
- Superlative writing and presentation skills; the ability to write in someone else's tone of voice with authenticity and confidence
- Senior stakeholder experience and a knowledge of how to create processes which make it easy for busy people to contribute
- Fluency with internal collaboration tools and experience with leading and moderating online meetings
- Collaboration and Teamwork: you work with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: you seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Open communication: you clearly convey thoughts, both in writing and verbally; you listen attentively and ask questions to gain clarity and understanding
- Priority Setting: you focus your time/energy on the most important issues and opportunities. You clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions.
- Project Management: you're skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience and Tolerance for Change and Ambiguity: you can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Interpersonal Ease: you relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people' you have strong networking skills which you'll deploy across the company as you develop sources for information and diverse points of view
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.