Mary's Meals is delighted to be recruiting for a creative and passionate Communications Specialist to lead Mary's Meals Canada (MMC) strategic communication objectives, to grow our movement and visibility through creative communications and innovative marketing strategies. This is an incredible opportunity for a mission-driven communications professional to use their talents to create real impact in the development and operationalization of Mary's Meals Canada communications strategy, lead key communications projects and lead all PR and media relations.
Mary's Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal
- that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary's Meals. Our work is named after Mary, the mother of Jesus, and our values and culture are rooted in and shaped by a Christian spirituality. We feel that the way we do things is as important as the end results. Ours is also a universal mission involving people of all faiths and none across the world.
Reporting to our Executive Director, you will be a passionate advocate of our work and serve as a key external spokesperson for Mary's Meals Canada, pioneering a clear and consistent brand rooted in our distinct message, voice and values to support the exponential growth of Mary's Meals Canada's grassroots movement and increasing engagement across all channels. Building our communications toolbox across a variety of mediums including; digital, content development storytelling, PR, branding and internal communication, you will play a key role in telling the stories of those we serve.
In this varied and challenging role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively seek out new and innovative communications strategies to ensure that we are maximizing the potential of Mary's Meals Canada to reach new audiences and increase engagement levels;
- Develop and monitor monthly communications data/metrics and develop agile responses to new opportunities or challenges;
- Provide inspirational leadership to the volunteer Social Media Team;
- Partner with the Executive Director and Director, Community Engagement to design and execute campaigns aimed at raising awareness and growing funding/support for MMC across all channels;
- Develop communications materials to attract new supporters and maintain engagement with existing audiences;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required;
- Developed proficiency in website design and publishing software;
- Develop and implement communications-related systems and frameworks in support of MMC's strategic plan; and
- Be the point person for MMC to MMI Communications team to ensure delivery of all creative assets for all platforms.
Mary's Meals is a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary's Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
If you want to become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, click the link below and tell us why you would love to serve our Mary's Meals movement and why you are a great fit for this role.
Applicant Privacy Statement
Communications Specialist JD
Closing date: Thursday 4 March