Position Overview This selling position centers on relationship-management and strategic Services selling focusing on Western Canada (Alberta and Prairies) based Provincial Public and Broader Public Sector accounts. The goal of this role is to drive service led solution sales by establishing trusted, advisory relationships with various customer executives. This role focuses on understanding the customer's strategy, their needs and their business requirements in order to recommend the appropriate Cisco Technical Services and Professional Services solutions and to close complex, transformational deals. This role also focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting accurately on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; creating account plans; and closing deals for their defined customers. Approximately 80% of this salesperson's time is customer facing.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain relationships with Executive/ Director/ Manager levels via meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Proactively engage with the customer executives to sustain and build deep relationships to become a trusted Services advisor
- Create relationship maps for the customer and internal
- Identify near term customer business issues, challenges, pain points, care abouts by which Cisco can improve, enhance or remedy the situation via a Services Led strategy.
- Gather market and customer information
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' business portfolio and requirements
- Communicate issues and solutions to executives in a way which is thought provoking, insightful and considered a burning platform.
- Prepare and present a comprehensive Services business case (includes a customer problem/challenge) describing how Cisco's Services solutions align with the customer's strategy
- As needed, calculate the customers positive return on investment demonstrating the value of the Cisco's proposed solution.
- Collaborate cross functionally (product sales, inside sales, channels, delivery, partners) to build credibility and earn trust
- Structure complex financial deals at an executive level
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications with customers
- Follow standardized and optimized sales processes, e.g., renewals process Who You Are
1. Executive Level Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer, conveying a firm understanding of the customer's business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
2. Consulting and Partnering: Helping clients to understand their business needs, offering advice and solutions, and operating from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach.
3. Strategic Business Planning: Demonstrating significant knowledge of Cisco and the Public Sector industry; developing strategies that leverage core strengths of one's own group and Cisco.
4. Business & Financial Acumen: Understanding basic business mathematics, financial strategies, and performance indicators, and applying that knowledge to client's economic and buying environment.
5. Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support ones proposal.
6. High Impact Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions.
7. Minimum Five years of consultative selling experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are