Founded in Edmonton in 1990, Hi-Tech Seals is a leading Canadian seal, gasket, rubber and plastic component distribution and manufacturing company, with a longstanding commitment to customer service. Our staff work closely with customers to find the best solution for their sealing needs. We offer an extensive line up of seals and seal related products, along with custom manufacturing capabilities to meet our customer's needs. Over our 30 years in business we have grown to multiple locations across Canada and the United States. We take pride in providing superior customer service and products that go beyond our customer's expectations.
At Hi-Tech Seals our people are a key competitive advantage. We are committed to the professional development and education our employees and offer an extensive in-house training library. In addition, Hi-Tech Seals encourages employees to explore external training and offers access to funding as part of our commitment to employee development and career advancement.
Join a company that excels in developing and empowering employees to reach their potential.
The role of Technical Sales Representative involves building strategic partnerships which promote and develop Hi-Tech Seals as the vendor of choice for our customer's seal and gasket needs.
- Sales calls on current accounts to maintain existing business and increase market share through the introduction of new products and services.
- While representing the company you portray professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact, maintaining our position of achievement within the industry.
- Sales calls on new accounts to identify opportunities which increase market share.
- Identify and create relationships with key contact personnel within customer accounts.
- Maintain excellent territory management practice and maximize time usage on revenue generating activities.
- Provide customer service with pre-sales technical assistance; product education and after-sales support.
- Coordinate custom quotes, project development, and follow up with Engineering, Suppliers and Inside Sales.
- Achieve sales, product, and margin goals as defined.
- Travel required when meeting customers, suppliers or attending training.
- Utilize well developed computer skills in generating product quotes for customers.
- Continually upgrade sales skills and product knowledge through professional development.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of company products, functions, features, and benefits.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and other related networking functions.
- Attend annual sales meeting.
- Active participation in Hi-Tech Seals Inc. safety and quality control programs as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary and/or technical education and sales experience are recognized assets, however we are willing to train the right individual for this position.
- Experience with AutoPoint® and knowledge of our current product catalogue is an asset.
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self motivated
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of industry contacts, products, and services
- Effective in persuading others
- Sound mathematical aptitude and measurement abilities
- Possess excellent territory management practice
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a clean drivers abstract is required.
Hi-Tech Seals Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we offer a competitive total compensation package.
Visit our website at http://www.hitechseals.com/careers