Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 147,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We are seeking a dynamic, successful candidate who will join our team of experienced Global Account Executives, with a proven record of exceeding sales targets. Utilizing Customer Centric Selling skills, the successful candidate will create & maintain a robust pipeline, proficiently demonstrate software solutions online, drive home value propositions, negotiate pricing terms, bring net new deals to fruition, and assertively upsell existing business. He/she will keep informed of our product line, competition and industry trends that may impact client requirements and actively increase product knowledge as our offerings evolve to better serve our ever-changing market. He/she will represent Descartes at events and seminars as an enthusiastic ambassador of the Descartes organization and its clients.
What's in it For You?
...besides the challenge?
You will be provided excellent training on our business and suite of solutions. You will be part of our changing industry that is rapidly opening up new markets and creating new clients to sell into. Your contribution will help enable us to launch new products and services and will provide exciting opportunities for yourself.
...Be an integral part of a winning team!
- In addition to the incoming leads distributed there's a great opportunity to sell into active accounts across a broad spectrum of industries
- Technical resources supplied and encouraged for solutions demonstrations
- Direct and collaborative access to upper management
- Achievable and realistic quotas for top payout
...part of a great organization!
- $3 Billion Canadian tech company with global offices around the world
- Brand recognition globally
- Well known SAAS Solution providers with top tier customers globally and across many industries
- 1500 employees with average sales force tenure of 8 years
- 20,000 customers spanning across 15+ countries
- 18% reinvestment in R&D
- Doubled in size in the last 4 years and projected to do it again
- 5-7 years' successful B2B solutions sales experience with a demonstrated record of achieving and/or surpassing sales quota year over year
- University/College degree/diploma or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with MS Office and CRM (MS Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.)
- Professional, persuasive and energetic demeanor
- Experience selling mid-level managers to C-Level executives preferred
- Experience with a variety of industry market verticals preferred
- Experience selling into the global marketplace preferred
- You are results driven and able to achieve objectives
This is a remote opportunity, open to citizens or permanent residents of Canada or the US.
Due to COVID-19 we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video(Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law , Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement . Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish)
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at via Isarta. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.