Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
WHO WE ARE
Nylas was founded in 2013 by a couple of MIT graduates who were passionate about making complex systems simpler. Co-founder and CTO Christine Spang saw that email use was growing at a steady rate, yet there wasn't a simple way to unify this data-rich tool in a way that developers could easily integrate with this data. She and a small team (at the time) set out to fix this. Fast-forward to 2020, Nylas has successfully raised funding from Spark Capital, 8VC, ScaleUP, Round13, Citi Ventures, Slack Fund, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, and SV Angel. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Sparkpost.
OUR WORK PHILOSOPHY
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you're looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)est Perks and Benefits
2019 Best Work-Life Balance
Nylas is looking to add a thoughtful and versatile Graphic Designer to the Marketing Team. The designer will support the Creative Director by creating compelling marketing materials that align with Nylas brand guidelines. The designer should have great attention to detail, be organized and able to juggle multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
The designer must have enthusiasm for learning. Nylas is a highly technical company with a developer audience. You will constantly be learning about our product suite and the nuance/lexicon of backend software development in order to design Nylas marketing materials.
While this is not a product design role, you'll need to create user interfaces and faux products that demonstrate Nylas capabilities, so experience in UI design and/or product design is a major asset to this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage your projects from start to finish: interpret highly technical briefs into literal designs, ensure design best practices are upheld, proof your own work, & do all of your own production work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather project requirements, manage timelines, interpret feedback, & meet team goals.
- Design thoughtful campaigns with the user in mind: infographics, display ads, white papers, webpages, blog & social media assets, videos, presentations, etc.
- Draw custom illustrations & icons that align with brand guidelines.
- Partner with our Wordpress developer to ensure proper file handoff for web assets: clean up Sketch files, export assets, & QA new pages.
- Continuously review the performance of your work to make improvements and strive for optimal user experiences.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign. After Effects experience is a bonus.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Sketch. Ideally, you should be familiar with using style libraries & dynamic symbols to execute a design system and streamline your workflow (or be willing & able to learn quickly).
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment, on a small team: managing your own workload & meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You'll need to be able to evangelize design at Nylas and explain your design decisions to non-designer stakeholders.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year's Day, Family Day, President's Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Personal Stipend: monthly health & wellness stipend via Zestful
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Apply Now at Mustakbil.com
This job was originally posted on Mustakbil.com