DTC NEWSLETTER & PODCAST
PAY STRUCTURE $40k salary
- commission on sales (as high as $90k total)
Our DTC team is looking for a high-engine Ad Sales Manager who wants to sell advertising in the hottest Direct-to-consumer marketing newsletter in the world.
In our first year, we've captured the attention and earned the trust of over 20K well-positioned marketers building brands and agencies.
- 1000s of high growth DTC startups both funded and bootstrapped
- 25 of the world's Fortune 100 companies subscribed
- Eight of the world's top agencies subscribed
We are a weekly newsletter with a twice-a-week podcast that reaches tens of thousands of DTC fanatics and we're growing by thousands every week.
We're looking for an Ad Sales Manager to join us on the ground floor as we look to build sponsorship partnerships with SaaS platforms, traffic platforms, and other DTC service providers who are interested in reaching our audience in an ongoing way. Part of the job will be working with the CEO to build the systems and processes for our Advertising department, including: case studies, sponsorship collateral, sponsorship packages, contracting/scheduling, and more.
To join DTC you'll have to buy into the value of our content, the unique audience we attract, and their engagement with our content. You must be a self-starter, capable of working independently while collaborating with a quality supporting team running alongside you.
Salary and commission structure commensurate with experience.
Our DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) Newsletter and podcast offer weekly roundups on agency strategy, Hot Seat interviews with amazing ecommerce brands, and other valuable insights we find along the way.
We're your business insider! Tips, tricks, and strategies are our game and we want to master the space.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We want a hunter! This position will be about chasing down top-of-the-line brands that want to advertise with DTC. We want to generate big revenue streams from our email content, and this position will be part of leading the charge forward! We're looking for someone who is seeking an opportunity to grind and chase leads with a positive attitude. Being a part of the team is everything at Pilothouse, so we value results-oriented people who don't mind sticking around for a beer or chat after work!
- Prospect brands, coordinate pitches, close clients, and renew accounts.
- Collaborate within the team to support each other's goals.
- Enhancing monetization of the DTC brand.
- Grow and expand existing accounts.
Required Skills & Qualifications
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this job. Most importantly, we are hiring based on a careful balance of relevant experience, cultural fit, and motivation:
- A history of closing 6-figure advertising deals and carrying a $1.5m+ annual quota. While we still accept smaller advertising campaigns ($10k-$25k), we're growing our minimum deal size and are looking for someone who can help us move the needle
- 3+ years in digital advertising sales: We're looking for deep relationships with agencies or larger brands (B2B or B2C). You'll need a history of business connections built up over your years of experience and can immediately bring that value to our hustle.
- Self-motivated and ambitious: We've grown quickly without any venture capital because we work our butts off. There are no lifestyle roles here and no easy days. We all work hard every day because we care about our mission and what we do is important to us.
- Ability to hit a quota: We view ourselves as a pirate ship. We're a profitable, independent company and control our own destiny. That means everyone must pull their own weight.
DTC is a brand within the Pilothouse Digital organization! Here's what it's like working for the Pilothouse team.
We work with disruptive brands and big budgets to make crazy ideas come to life!
Our model is built upon the core values of Alignment and Transparency, which means unlike traditional agencies that win by charging huge retainers, Pilothouse wins by delivering huge results.
We are focused on building a team of hustlers who are passionate about the Direct-To-Consumer space and who are eager to learn and grow. We push each other to do awesome work and encourage team members to bring even the wildest ideas forward.
Team culture is everything at Pilothouse. Along with foosball games and Friday night beers, we meet weekly to talk about industry trends and our accounts. You'll work with a team that has decades of marketing experience who want to learn from you just as much as you will from them.
Please include your Resume and Cover letter, and don't miss those Pre-screening and Assessment questions.
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work
- Great location
- right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly
- we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Full benefits
- Beer on tap
- cold, local beer waiting for you
- Company lunches to celebrate monthly goals
- Fun events
- we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth