What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world's #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we're still going strong.
We're looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers-from content writers, designers to developers. So if you're the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that's even better.
What you will be doing:
We're looking for a Director, Demand Generation to lead our Demand Generation team who will be responsible for the customer digital experience (outside of product) including web, email, paid media, SEO, inbound strategy, and marketing automation. Later follows a self-serve model for revenue growth, making this role a key driver of Later's growth.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the business (Content, Product Marketing, Customer Success, Creative Services and Product teams) to deliver an omni-channel digital experience to prospective and current customers.
- Own the strategy, execution, and results of all digital channels: paid media, web, email, inbound, SEO and lifecycle marketing.
- Drive results across the entire funnel
- awareness/consideration, conversion, and retention
- using a test-and-learn approach.
- Partner with product, marketing and customer success teams and stakeholders to support and deliver on Later's go-to-market strategy.
- Measure and communicate results, successes, opportunities, learnings, and improvements on a diverse range of initiatives in a clear, simple, and engaging manner to senior leadership.
- Lead and mentor a diverse team of highly ambitious and cross-functional growth professionals, currently 10 people.
- Be responsible for the entire cross-marketing technology stack, including inventory, audit, planning and budget oversight with an eye for continuous improvement
- Drive the annual strategic, headcount and budget planning process in collaboration with cross-functional marketing leadership team.
- Collaborate with the Web Strategy team to develop and execute our conversion rate optimization strategy across our website, landing pages and email campaigns
- Support the growth and development of Later's website to ensure a seamless experience for prospects and existing customers on both web and mobile.
- Develop and iterate on the Demand Generation team's processes to continuously improve the way things are done
- Iterate on Later's technology stack (ex: email. marketing automation software CMS etc) to keep up with an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Driving best in class data capture and management, plus providing regular database health checks, cleansing and augmentation
- Lead forecasting, measuring, analyzing and reporting on the impact of demand creation activities
- Support forecasting of sign ups, trials, and revenue in partnership with other key stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience and proven track record of success in digital marketing, preferably in the Freemium/SaaS space, with deep expertise in a minimum of one of the aforementioned channels (eg. SEO, conversion optimization, or paid acquisition).
- Deep understanding of web analytics, A/B testing, SEO, conversion optimization, marketing analytics/attribution, paid media ROAS, and ecommerce/lead generation.
- Proven track record of leading diverse, high-performing teams, preferably people earlier in their careers
- Experience identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; then building an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Ability to flex between strategy and execution. Ability to make every possible effort to get things done.
A generous Education & Conference Budget
Health Savings Plan
Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
Annual Company Retreat
Vacation & Sick Days
Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
People & Places (HR), Product, and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note about applying:
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.