At Haag, we are experts with ninety-seven years of trusted forensic engineering experience handling complex losses globally and in the most insured and litigious markets in the world. We determine cause, quantum, and mitigation of loss to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
Based in Toronto, Haag Canada is a leading forensic engineering firm that determines cause, quantum, and mitigation of commercial large & complex loss. Its team of forensic engineers is an independent, expert resource who provides clients with unbiased reporting to facilitate the accurate determination of liability. The company prides itself on maintaining an impartial stance throughout all stages of proceedings
- litigation, arbitration, conflict resolution, and/or court process
- and communicating findings with complete clarity and authority.
To deliver industry-leading, multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting services with uncompromising integrity and time-tested expertise, with a dedicated team of empowered employees.
We provide a robust offering of expert services related to the forensics engineering field. With a growing team of leading scientists, engineers, and industry specialists, we are prepared to respond whenever and wherever the action is required. We work individually or in any number of team arrangements, so clients can count on the most comprehensive investigation and reporting services.
Position: Haag Canada Coordinator, Communications Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
About the job:
The Haag Coordinator/Communications Specialist will provide support and assistance to Haag Canada staff. This position manages scheduling, data processing, and technical report output for assigned engineer(s), and regularly interacts with Experts / Engineers, clients, other Team Coordinators.
The Coordinator/Communication Specialist will engage with the Executive Leadership Team to develop communications strategies to refine and promote the Haag Canada brand. This person will work with our marketing firm to design and execute materials for distribution, including both visual and written elements, regarding strategic developments, new hires and offices, and other internal and external communications. This person will develop content for use in announcements, articles, press releases, social media, email blasts, newsletters, print, web, etc. Content creation includes planning, sourcing stories, managing contributors and vendors, writing, editing, producing visual elements, and creating layouts (using Adobe Creative Suite programs and email client), with on-brand messaging and appearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Haag Canada's CEO, the duties and responsibilities of the Coordinator/Communications Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and track client files from acquisition to completion.
- Enters project information into enterprise software.
- General data entry including email, letters, reports, notes, spreadsheets, and database.
- Compiles, formats, and assists experts with technical reports, including photo captions and other attachments required for report completion.
- Responsible for emailing, tracking, and ensuring proper electronic file documentation.
- Review, edit, and format reports and presentations for continuity of style of content and proper grammar.
- Manage updates and revisions of all technical reports by crosschecking references and data; Collaborates with other writers to develop and maintain the development of procedures and methods of writing to reflect best industry practices (Haag Canada Report Writing guidelines).
- Responds to incoming mail and email by locating appropriate information. Prepares outgoing correspondence.
- Courteously answers and screens phone calls and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates staff schedules and makes appointments as needed. Arranges travel schedules and reservations, as requested.
- Researches and compiles information, as necessary, complete special assignments.
- Encourages and assists team members to bill in a timely manner.
- Reviews Engineers Billing Report (EBR) as requested.
- Identifies jobs to be billed; obtains engineer's approval; invoices.
- Understands when special billing is required and follows billing guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring Haag Canada branding consistency.
- Work with leadership team to help develop communications strategies to promote Haag Canada.
- Liaise with outside marketing firms and vendors to keep communications projects on-time and on-budget.
- Develop content for communications initiatives including announcements, articles, press releases, social media posts, email blasts, newsletters, print, web, etc.
- Produce on-brand visual elements and layouts for marketing pieces (using Adobe Creative Suite programs, email client).
- Write and format internal announcements related to new hires, offices, policy changes, general company news, etc., with help from the leadership team.
- Be a resource to staff members needing communications support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of two or more (2+) years of related experience in technical writing.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated in-depth administrative support techniques and principles.
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with all levels of employees and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintains enthusiasm and a sense of urgency towards work.
- Accepts and adjusts to changes in work priorities willingly and efficiently.
- Strong grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to create accurate and concise technical materials.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule forms.
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
- Internal: Haag Canada staff including Haag Canada CEO, engineers, other technical staff, and contractors; VP of Sales; Director of Corp. Communications; other coordinators; customer service reps; and accounting and HR staff.
- External: Clients, outside marketing firm, vendors.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours.
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Required to work in a busy, open area office which may result in constant interruptions.
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Required to meet several deadlines which may cause stress.
How we work
Haag is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
We believe in creating an inspired workplace where all employees have the opportunity for learning and success while harnessing their unique abilities. Haag's success is defined by the passion and greatness of its people.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Via Isarta