This is a permanent full time postion baed on 40 hours per week. The work scheudle is determined in consultation with your supervisor. Some travel and some scheduled overtime are associated with this position; on occasion, working outside of regular business hours.
Permanent full-time employment with The Salvation Army (25+ hours per week) will provide you with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes vacation time, sick days, employer matching RRSP contributions, Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Christmas Grants and Employee and Family Assistance Program [EFAP] benefits.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone's worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Under the direction of the Divisional Manager of Marketing and Communication, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for building, implementing and monitoring the Ontario Division's Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, enhance marketing efforts and increase positive engagement.
- Build and execute social media strategy for the Ontario Division through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Create and optimize social media accounts/pages within each appropriate platform to support the goals and objectives of the Ontario Division
- Collaborate with other departments (Youth, Corps Ministries, etc.)/ Ministry Units to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
- Leverage social media to cover live events and increase their audience engagement
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner
- Develop and manage social influencer programs and attend relevant social influencer events
- Use social media analytics tools to monitor and evaluate the social media presence and performance
- Prepare monthly reports on social media efforts, goals, and objectives
- Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
- Make recommendations on adjustments to the social media strategy for optimal results
- Performing other duties as needed
Education, Qualifications and Certifications :
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Journalism and/or Communications.
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions.
- Hold a valid Ontario Class ?G? drivers licence, provide a copy of a driver's abtract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discrection.
- Must provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube and other social media best practices
- Proven ability to manage multiple social media accounts with creativity and accuracy
- Demonstrated story-telling ability using a broad range of social media post types and tactics
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent computer skills and must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written, grammar, spelling and verbal communication skills to enable you to effectively interact with good organizational skills and prioritizing work assignments
- Professional degree of judgement and confidentiality
- Ability to plan projects, multi-task and to work independently
- Sound knowledge of office procedures and protocol
- Ability to work productively and independently with frequent interruptions
- Work in a team based environment
- Demonstrates detail to work and results focused
- Ability to work extended hours based workload and demands
- Proven ability to assess inquiries and problems and to exercise good judgment in taking appropriate actions
- Develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Successful in setting priorities and facilitating strategic and operational decisions
- Ability to foster partnerships and build bridges to ensure promotion of a public image that showcases the work of The Salvation Army
- High standards of integrity, judgment and confidentiality and an ability to model the values and standards of The Salvation Army
- Represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner
- High level of initiative, tact and diplomacy; excellent judgement and discretion
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytic, creative problem-solving skills
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.