Posting Job Description :
CFIB takes direction from more than 95,000 members in every business sector nationwide. We give independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, support them with the tools, advice and resources they need and provide them with exclusive savings and services. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Social Media Specialist. This position could work from our Toronto or Montreal office.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Communications & Digital Marketing, you will support building brand awareness and audience engagement by developing and executing an aligned, consistent and compelling social media strategy across multiple platforms relevant to CFIB. You will think strategically and integrate social media into larger business objectives.
- Develop, implement and proactively manage a social media strategy and a social media content calendar that supports growing brand awareness and specific campaigns
- Create, manage and oversee social media content (copy and graphics) and strategically repurpose content created by various CFIB teams
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative, appealing and consistent with CFIB's tone, voice and visual look and feel
- Manage, moderate, monitor and grow the communities for all of CFIB's social media presence and respond to comments, questions every day
- Listen to CFIB's small business owners' audience social discussion to identify daily, quick-turnaround reactive opportunities on all platforms
- Create copy and digital content for our Sales staff, maintaining an updated list of materials for their use
- Engage and interact with fans, followers, influencers, publications
- encourage follower collaboration that will extend brand engagement with likes, shares and dialogue
- Measure the success of every social media campaign and develop reoccurring meaningful reports on social media efforts, utilize digital analytics and reporting tools to measure and share results with key stakeholders
- Stay up to date on latest social trends, best practices and technologies and proactively communicate how to leverage them
- 2+ years' experience in social media strategy, execution and community management
- Bachelors and/or post-graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Strong understanding of social media, influencer and advocate marketing
- High expertise in managing content on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofing and presentation/graphic skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to deliver high quality, creative work, multi-task and manage deadlines
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social community platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying current on communications, social and content marketing trends
- Experience using social media scheduling and reporting tools (e.g. Sprout Social, Oktopost)
- Knowledge of social listening tools
- Team player, flexibility, creativity and able to work collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications department and cross functionally
- Experience managing paid ad strategy and spend for social media channels would be an asset
- Certificate in Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing & Communications or equivalent would be a strong asset
- Bilingualism in English and French would be a strong asset
- Familiarity with small business regulation, news and environment would be an asset
- Experience with graphic design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, CANVA), video editing tools (iMovie maker, Premiere Pro CC, etc.) would be an asset
We have an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. Our main office in Toronto is conveniently located just one block north of York Mills Station, in close proximity to the 401 on Yonge Street. A work from home arrangement may be required during the pandemic.
As Canada's largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.