Job Description :
Position: Interim Director, Communications & Public Affairs
Status: Temporary Full time (15 Months)
Dept: Corporate Strategy and Communications
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Posted: March 22, 2021
- April 18, 2021
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, along with several satellite locations, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
To learn more about Trillium Health Partners, please visit www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
If you are passionate about your career, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
The Director, Communications & Public Affairs will lead a dynamic team of people skilled in communication, engagement, media, creative services and stakeholder relations. Through this leadership, the Director is accountable for delivering internal and external communications for THP, fostering and supporting strong partnerships with the media, health care partners and various levels of government and providing leading-edge communication tools and supports to support patient-centered health care delivery.
As the Director, you will report to the Vice-President, Corporate Strategy and Communications and will be a key advisor to senior hospital leadership, participating in senior level strategic and operational planning and providing ongoing support to ensure the achievement of goals for patients and families.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic communication and engagement plans to support the achievement of organizational goals which includes the planning and implementation of media, government and external communication and engagement initiatives; creative services, brand management and internal communications that enhance staff and professional staff engagement and improve the patient and family experience.
- Provide leadership to a high-performing team. Ensure continuous development of the team through coaching, mentorship and effective performance-focused management.
- Communicate and enhance public understanding of the Hospital's strategic plan, patient care services and support.
- Lead communication and engagement activities associated with major capital projects.
- Lead communications and crisis management activities through an issues management process.
- Ensure ongoing, effective reputational risk identification, evaluation and monitoring.
- Ensure effective stakeholder and relationship engagement with all levels of government officials, partners and external stakeholders.
- Act as an effective liaison with key partners, including the Trillium Health Partners Foundation, to ensure alignment of communication messaging and strategy alignment.
- Oversee fiscal responsibility for the Communications and Public Affairs Department and support the organization's fiscal plans.
- Provide communications advice and guidance to senior leadership on strategic initiatives and reputation related issues.
Here's what you need to have:
- Post-secondary degree
- 8+ years progressive management experience in a related field
- Experience in a healthcare environment is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Knowledge of strategic and operational communications planning, health care system, staff and team administration, marketing, financial and cost analysis and trends in the health care industry
- Proven success in gaining credibility and building trust with senior decision-makers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- Strong conceptual skills; systems thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity in rapidly changing health care environment
- Strong ability to link strategic direction to business and communications and public affairs strategies
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team
- Demonstrated management and staff development with emphasis on coaching, mentoring and leadership
Position Location and Travel:
- While this role is typically located at our Mississauga Hospital site, it is currently being conducted remotely. Travel to all THP sites may be required at different times.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.