RBC Ventures is a new kind of organization
- one that brings together the strength of one of the world's most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people's lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work.
What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Communications, RBC Ventures will develop and execute internal and external communications strategies that support the business objectives of RBC Ventures as well as enhance and protect RBC's brand. This role works with business leaders, internal partners and agencies to create and execute creative campaigns to drive awareness of the RBC Ventures' strategy and individual solutions. The successful candidate will leverage their creativity, informed by data and insights, to develop content and social content for the Ventures' portfolio. The individual will also be responsible for contributing meaningfully to RBC Ventures' high performing culture, its purpose and values.
What will you do?
- Provide day-to-day communications support for RBC Ventures, with a primary focus on thought leadership initiatives, content development, and social media
- Provide proactive and strategic communications advice and execution that delivers on the team's priorities, with a focus on media relations and thought leadership
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of town halls, leadership forums and other employee engagement events
- Create, coordinate and distribute internal communications content across digital channels such as RBCNet, Slack and Connect and to raise the profile of Ventures across RBC using other enterprise channels
- Build and refine the social strategy for Ventures, including contributing content and building engagement for our social platforms as well as finding opportunities to leverage internal content externally
- Proactively assess media environment (competitor and trends) and highlight opportunities that are available for increased exposure
- Track metrics to support the effectiveness of both internal and external communications
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 3+ years of communications, PR or public affairs experience, preferably at a PR agency or start-up
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill with strong attention to detail
- including effective use of storytelling
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities and priorities and execute, while managing to tight deadlines
- Competency and fluency with digital and social media tools and methods for driving engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple platforms
- Highly collaborative and innovative team player
- Undergraduate degree/post-graduate certificate or equivalent in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related field
- Ability to meet consistently high standards of quality while handling a variety of projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills to work across functions and individual ventures
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 20 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary
- Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/07/2021
Req ID: 338023