- Non Union
JOB PROFILEAAPS Salaried
- Information Services, Level C2
Job TitleAssociate Director of Marketing and Recruitment
DEPARTMENTMarketing and Communications | Dean's Office | Faculty of Applied Science
- $11,149.33 CAD Monthly
Posting End DateApril 4, 2021
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and recruitment portfolio to achieve the Faculty's recruitment goals. The Associate Director of Marketing and Recruitment will be responsible for positioning the Faculty's image at the forefront in the education market and achieve specific goals for programs within the Faculty's schools and departments. The Associate Director (AD) will be responsible for building a creative, integrated, multi-channel marketing and recruitment funnel, creating effective and innovative digital and offline campaigns that raise brand awareness to attract prospective students and their influencers (teachers, counsellors, parents) provincially, nationally and globally for the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses for the Faculty of Applied Science.
The Associate Director will be responsible for the oversight of the project management and leadership of the Marketing and Recruitment portfolio. Providing leadership and action on creating and shaping the digital marketing strategy, online communications, brand management, marketing campaign deliverables and content creation. This individual will support the measurement and presentation of marketing and recruitment performance results, while providing recommendations for improvements, and then carrying out their implementation with the support of their team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications. The Associate Director will work as a member of the leadership team; will steward staff within their portfolio and increase the capacity of professional Marketing and Recruitment staff across the Faculty. Provide leadership to a community of practice in the areas of Marketing and Recruitment.
Works closely and collaboratively with the entire team, and will be responsible for developing effective relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- both internal and external to UBC-to create integrated, collaborative and strategic communications and marketing projects and stories. This position also liaises with consultants and external suppliers, the media and the community in general.
Strategy and leadership
- Responsible for leading , ideation, execution and analysis of marketing and recruitment strategy, across a variety of channels for numerous programs across the Faculty to meet enrollment targets
- Integrates and manages the social media strategy for the Faculty
- Develops demand generation strategies based on search volume data, competitiveness, and relevance to our brand and enrollment goals.
- Identifies new trends and opportunities for awareness and engagement.
- Provides leadership to the strategic communications team including hiring, onboarding and managing employees. In consultation with APSC HR.
- Responsible for creating a community of practice for marketing and recruitment related to attracting prospective students with all the Department and School personnel and key stakeholders.
- Develops and oversees all aspects of the marketing and recruitment funnel, with a proven record of translating prospective student journey insights and market analysis into the initiatives that drive our recruitment goals.
- Oversee the recruitment team to and ensure integration of the marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Generates successful campaigns from creation to execution using a variety of acquisition channels (content creation, pay-per-click campaigns, social media, lead generation, etc.)
- Oversees and facilitates a Faculty content calendar across all mediums, especially targeted digital strategies to engage audiences, including the use of web, social media, and other emerging platforms.
- Oversees the research and production of content, including written content, video production and photography, to support digital storytelling, content marketing, brochures, advertisements, viewbooks and reports for both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Works with the Senior Manager of Web and Digital communications to ensure a seamless experience for prospective students on both web and mobile
Analysis and reporting
- Analyzes metrics and reports on marketing and recruitment efforts, focusing on driving improvement and effectiveness through data-driven analysis
- Uses data to rigorously assess and optimize channel effectiveness, prioritizes based on recruitment requirements, and develops an effective marketing mix to achieve application and yield goals
- Ensures stakeholders across the Faculty are armed with the data, analysis and intelligence needed to inform their objectives. Provides insight into channel performance on an ongoing basis to leadership
- Create and maintain marketing budgets, ensuring ROI on campaigns and other efforts
- Creates reports for the director that offer insights into initiatives undertaken
- Stays on top of current trends and topics
Stakeholder Engagement and Support
- Keeper of the brand, monitors all marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, emails, social media, print, etc.) to ensure brand consistency
- Proactively consults and advises on key opportunities for innovation and performance improvement across the Faculty, including our schools departments and programs
- Supports internal requests for marketing asset support (mostly student related/promotional brand, brochures, postcards, etc.)
- Builds strong relationships with staff, campus-wide marketing colleagues, external vendors and contractors.
Errors in judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy can lead to severe consequences including loss of revenue and funding, and can negate the organization s ability to obtain its overarching strategic goals. Overall performance affects the public image and profile of the institution on the local, national and international level. Errors of commission and omission and poor advice could have grave consequences for all stakeholders including faculty, staff, students and alumni and the university at large.
Works with considerable latitude within a broad policy framework. Work is reviewed in terms of effectiveness of development and implementation of communication plans and projects.
Manages a staff team of professional staff. Manages contracts and external service providers. Provides coverage for Director in their absence.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum seven years of related experience, or communication services, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Digital technologies or related program
- Preference of 7+ years of marketing experience (with an emphasis on content and digital), including B2B marketing experience with a strong SEO acumen
- Significant knowledge and experience with executing marketing strategies, including campaign setup, delegation of resources, project tasks and vendor/team member assignments, advertising campaign optimization, data-driven decision making and reporting performance results.
- Experience running campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube platforms, and demonstrates a solid understanding of social media, digital marketing trends and marketing technology applications
- Experience with SEO/SEM, Google AdWords (Search, Display, Video, Remarketing), Google Analytics, Microsoft Ads and CRM software
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize your work load is critical.
- High attention to detail and a strong eye for aesthetics
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data in order to develop metrics which support decision-making for resource allocation and marketing campaigns
- Strong team management and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly and confidently with staff, management and stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as required