Requisition ID: 100349
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotia Wealth Marketing, globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
This role is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and initiatives for many of the businesses within Scotia Wealth Management (SWM) to address opportunities and drive overall revenue growth. Specifically, the incumbent works directly with Private Banking, Private Investment Counsel, Scotiatrust, and Client Solutions, which includes Insurance and Total Wealth Planning teams, as well as providing necessary support to ScotiaMcLeod, Scotiabank Healthcare+, and our other Bank partners as needed.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Works closely with Director, GWM Marketing and other marketing partners to contribute to the development of campaigns and other initiatives by: o Working closely with the business lines and partners to identify and manage marketing needs to capitalize on competitive opportunities
o Helping develop and design comprehensive strategic marketing plans for Scotia Wealth Management by identifying appropriate strategies and plans to align with the business objectives and executing
o Upon executive approval, assuming responsibility for the ongoing development, design and execution of various corporate marketing activities (including branding, corporate advertising including national campaign execution, brochures, direct mail programs, etc.)
o Contributing to the development of online and offline brand strategies, including all collateral development plus all external facing websites (scotiawealthmanagement.com) and delivery of always-on SEM/SEO programming for Scotia Wealth Management
o Proceeding to manage, brief, produce and budget for marketing materials for each of the business lines within Scotia Wealth Management
- Supports the adherence of brand guidelines through the Scotia Wealth Management network with employees, advisors, vendors and partners.
- Manages multiple vendor relationships from a budgeting, briefing and deliverables management perspective.
- Contributes to the management of the SWM advertising and media agencies, ensuring ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of the agency relationships.
- Collaborates with partners across Canadian Marketing and the Digital Factory to ensure business strategies and tactics are supported adequately and properly. Create alignment of all Senior Managers within Scotia Wealth Management across businesses to leverage best practices and activities.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and support implementation of a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree with Major in Marketing, with 7+ years' experience in a marketing management role.
- Incumbent must be considered a subject matter expert in his/her field and provide credible advice and counsel to business line management (Director and higher) as it relates to marketing communications.
- Broad knowledge of wealth management markets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiating skills, to build constructive, supported solutions and obtain co-operation and support from stakeholders and senior management and cost-effective deliverables from agencies and third party vendors.
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior management teams of the business lines and Global Marketing.
- Strong co-ordination, strategic influencing and people management skills, to facilitate strong teamwork and coordinated execution of multiple deliverables.
- Detailed understanding of customer segment(s), products/services and value propositions as well as online media and the use of technology in marketing. Must understand the basics of website development, SEM and brand protection and amplification.
- The incumbent must demonstrate significant maturity and credibility in dealing with executives, and must be able to work on a highly independent basis.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.