Reporting to the VP, Global Marketing and based in OverActive Media's Toronto Office, the Community Manager is an integral member of the Marketing Team and ultimately our fans
- helping to expand our storytelling abilities through all things social and helping to drive the narrative around our marketing endeavours, including but not limited to marketing partnerships, content, and communications. The successful candidate must be an avid overwatch player and must be based in Canada.
We're looking for:
- The successful candidate will work closely with our VP, Global Marketing, but will also be expected to work autonomously to manage their own projects and time appropriately in order to meet the fast-paced demands of the business.
A Team Player
- Someone who is ready to hit the ground running with a talented and experienced team of marketing professionals, who has the ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism.
A Multiskilled Creator
- Working within a start-up environment we see those who are multitalented and adaptable to learning thrive.
An Esports Fan - Esports knowledge and being an avid Overwatch player is required for this role as the Community Manager will be the voice of the team's social media channels.
- Responsible for growth and management of all Toronto Defiant social media channels including: Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Discord, Twitch, and Facebook. Further, oversight of TikTok strategy and Jr. Content Creator for TikTok.
- Produce and post an abundance of content tailored to priority focus channels on a daily basis, including creating post visuals and copy, while remaining on brand.
- Enable Toronto Defiant to be a core contributor to the Overwatch and Overwatch League communities.
- Cover all Toronto Defiant matches live on gameday, including evenings and weekends at times.
- Work with internal videographer/editors to establish context for long-form content.
- Regularly work alongside critical stakeholders such as: Toronto Defiant players, influencers, and partners to achieve deliverables.
- Project management of key partner deliverables and activations.
- Stay current with social media, pop culture, and Overwatch League Community trends.
- Analyze social media channel performance to always be improving engagement and growth.
NOTE: While the successful candidate is not required to be an expert in all of these areas, this list is representative of the types of requests that the successful candidate would receive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education & Experience
- College or University degree or college diploma in a field related to Communications and/or Marketing, or related work experience in a community management or marketing role.
- Experience with current digital media platforms including: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Discord, TikTok, and Facebook.
- Some experience in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc. Ideally the successful candidate has base design skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities;
- A hands-on problem solver and critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to design visuals for social, both from scratch and/or adapting current designs.
- Motivated by highly collaborative, fast-paced environments, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable in current marketing trends.
- Ability to interpret social and website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- Passion for identifying upcoming technology/culture trends.
- Proficiency using social analytics tools like: Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Blinkfire etc.
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a comprehensive extended healthcare benefit plan.
Being part of a fun, diverse team, building a winning culture and redefining the world of sport and entertainment.