We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire
- to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
Here's how we work:
IBI Group's Vancouver office is seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Canada West Regional Marketing Team.
IBI Group is a technology-driven design firm, providing architecture, engineering, planning, systems, and technology services to our clients for nearly 50 years. With more than 2,700 professionals located in over 60 offices around the world, we create responsive, resilient spaces and smart urban environments by bringing the established capabilities from our Intelligence practice into our core Buildings and Infrastructure businesses. From high-rises to hospitals, and transit systems to schools, we shape the way people live, work, move, learn, and heal in the cities of tomorrow.
As a member of the graphics design group, you will utilize corporate templates to produce proposals, marketing promotional materials, environmental graphics, presentation boards, presentations, and videos.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Follow corporate graphic guidelines
- Design visual content in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Translate complex ideas in technology and software into simple messages and visual interpretations
- Use design theory, colour theory, illustration, typography, videography to effectively communicate
- Manage creative and production workflow processes, providing creative advice and direction, and overseeing quality control
- Assist with preparation, coordination and development of material production
- Maintain project files in accordance to corporate filing convention
- Expert knowledge of print technologies and current design trends
- Ensure that a high level of professionalism and quality is communicated through layout and the use of visuals
You'll need to have:
- Graduate of a recognized 2-year Graphics Design program or equivalent
- Experience in A/E/C industry is considered an asset
- 3-5 years' experience working in a similar role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (CSC 2020) on MAC
- Strong communication skills and team player, with the desire to be a part of a large creative team
- Curious and collaborative attitude
- Creative, strategic thinker and problem solver
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Experience managing multiple tight production deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Keen to take on responsibility and shows ownership over projects
- Good at deciphering task importance and prioritizing
- Comfortable coordinating and motivating multiple contributors, many of whom are senior level individuals
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and attention to detail
- Experience with pre-press production, liaising with print companies and overseeing quality control
- Flexibility to work with a variety of personalities
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work from home model until we return to the office. When we return to the office, you must be able to commute to our location at 1285 West Pender Street, the IBI Group Vancouver office is in the historic and architecturally significant Evergreen Building in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The IBI Group Vancouver team enjoys monthly socials, weekly professionally taught yoga classes, and organized team outings including hiking trips, BBQs and photography walks. Come be part of a vibrant architecture, design, and technology team.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.