Title: Communications Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Direct Reports: Copywriter, E-mail Marketing Specialist
Application Deadline: April 8, 2020 at 5:00pm Est
Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is the largest Black tech network in North America with over 20,000+ members and growing at a rate of 10% a month. We bridge the "Network gap" in the tech industry by providing Black tech and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, skill-building and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement. We facilitate exposure for tech companies to hire, retain and promote Black tech talent through talent pipeline building, recruitment, internal culture development and becoming an "Employer of Choice."
BPTN bridges the Network gap in the tech industry by providing Black technical and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, industry training and a strong peer network to support their growth and career development. On the other side of the coin, we support leading companies to connect, hire and promote Black professionals in tech.
Who you are
The Communications Manager is responsible for identifying publicity opportunities with media publications and journalists to bring exposure to BPTN. This individual will be the editorial leader for BPTN, to ensure that all copywriting and communications to members and partners have a consistent tone of voice.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Sourcing third-party journalists who specialize in DEI and Technology
- Editorial review of press releases and articles written by publication partners
- Bring BPTN brand personality and tone to life through copywriting across web, social, events content and blogs
Corporate Partner Communications
- Define a strategy to announce new corporate partnerships and determine ongoing communications strategy to keep corporate sponsors engaged. This can include updates about new service offerings and milestones.
We're Looking for someone who has:
- World-class communicator with the ability to clearly articulate multi-faceted subjects in a way that a wide audience can understand.
- Thorough experience with communications strategy across a variety of marketing channels.
- Ability to form a communications vision and lead a team through execution.
- Fearless ability to fail fast, learn from it, and make strategic recommendations on how to improve.
- Ability to lead a team through a fast-evolving organization, and mentor others in their career growth.
- A collaborative approach to progressing projects through milestones
- influencing stakeholders on critical decisions, and empowering others who have expertise in various areas.
- Clear communication inspires team members and motivates people to take actions that progress your projects.
- Passion for building and helping connect Black Professionals in Tech, to accomplish the community's goals to connect, recruit and excel.
- Competitive salaries
- Health Benefits
- Lifestyle & Wellness spending account
- 15 days of paid vacation and other paid leaves
- Group retirement savings employer contributions up to 3% of your base salary
- Remote working
- Flexible work hours
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We're committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.