The Position: Digital Marketing and Communications Advisor
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing & Engagement
Location: The position is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Compensation: Will be discussed in personal interview
Position start date: As soon as possible
Application due date: April 9. Only resumes of applicants who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Are you a digital guru who loves to support a good cause? We're looking for a digital marketing professional who understands the power of analytics, gets a thrill from optimizing content and channels, and creates compelling communications to connect with various audiences. In this role, you'll be working collaboratively with team members from across the organization to manage social media accounts, website content, and paid digital advertising platforms like Google and Facebook. You will be our go-to person to plan, optimize, and track our marketing campaigns in the online space. You will also be responsible for creating compelling and thoughtful content to support the many initiatives with CAWST and our global partners.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Advisor is part of CAWST's Business Development team, supporting the organization to accelerate its impact. We aim to do this by engaging and influencing the global WASH sector to grow our clients and funders, marketing CAWST's services to clients globally to increase adoption of technologies, and increasing awareness and engagement across Canada to grow CAWST's donor base.
If you are someone who thrives in a rapidly-evolving environment, can adeptly handle multiple priorities, and wants to be surrounded by passionate and motivated individuals, we would love to meet you!
Please note: There is no anticipated travel for this position.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Help create and support the communications marketing strategy with content marketing, social media, online advertising and digital storytelling
- Manage social media channels, YouTube, website, and paid advertising platforms
- Optimize content and tracking using SEO and analytics tools
- Maintain an accurate and current content calendar for all digital channels
- Develop engaging content that is accurate, timely and relevant to our online audiences
- Work with the Marketing and Engagement team to make recommendations based on current trends
- Lead community management by responding to questions, comments and concerns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other channels, as needed
- Support with the development of paid media materials
- Analyze the performance of our digital strategies, providing regular reports on trends and recommendations
- Provide support to other team members as required
- Other duties are required
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or recognized credential in marketing, communications or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
Experience and skills
- 3+ years of experience in learning and exploring the digital marketing space
- Experience in or understanding of international development
- Experience with digital paid media
- Experience in optimizing digital marketing and communications
- Understanding of various activities within communications (media relations, paid media, storytelling, e-mail marketing, etc.), and willing to provide support, when needed
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and seek consultation as needed
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Willingness to research and learn about new digital marketing trends and tools
Will be discussed in a personal interview.
Click here to apply. Your application should include:
- A cover letter that gives an overview of your experience as it applies to this role, and explains why you are excited about joining our team.
- Your resume
CAWST is a Canadian charity and registered engineering consultancy. We teach people how to get safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene in their homes, schools, and clinics, using simple, affordable technologies. To do so, we transfer knowledge and skills to organizations and individuals in low- and middle-income countries through education, training, and consulting resources and services. In turn, our clients catalyze local leaders, trainers, and change agents into taking action to meet their water, sanitation, and hygiene needs. Since 2001, CAWST's network of clients has expanded to over 5,000 organizations worldwide across 190+ countries. Collectively we are making a difference at a scale beyond what any of us could reach individually. Together, we are helping millions of people to have better water, sanitation, or hygiene.
Our vision is a world where people have the opportunity to succeed because their basic water and sanitation needs have been met.
CAWST values equitable opportunities, sustainable solutions, and collaborative and inclusive processes. We seek to grow in our knowledge of diversity and inclusion, and appreciate the learning that results from differences in cultural and religious beliefs.