DIRECTOR, SALES (CANADA)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Director, Sales (Canada) for our Toronto office. The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, health sciences or a related field and have 8 or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Having an advanced business degree (MBA) and being bilingual (French) is considered an asset. Must have a strong sense of accountability and organizational skills, be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize opportunities and maintain focus on priority projects/opportunities and tasks. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission-to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
This individual is responsible for leading the organization's field sales team and deployment strategy, as well as having personal accountability for existing and prospective key accounts, including retail pharmacy, pharmacy chain head offices, and wholesalers. This individual will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (marketing, stakeholder engagement and medical), as well as external stakeholders (customers, partners and vendors) in order to identify and develop short term and long term sales strategies, and contribute to business planning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable to achieve the sales targets and the execution of sales plans for the brand. Also responsible for ongoing tracking of expenditures against planned sales budget allocation
- Design and implementation of short-term and long-term sales strategies, as well as ongoing analysis and evaluation of sales performance across all of the different channels
- Design and management of sales incentive programs, and contribute input into customer segmentation and targeting strategies
- Accountable for the identification and ongoing management (negotiations, contracting, value-creation) of new and existing key accounts, including pharmacies, pharmacy chain head offices and wholesalers
- Contribute to the development and successful execution of the Sales Plans of Action
- Create and accountable for sales team training programs to support ongoing development of selling skills, product/therapeutic knowledge, and industry good practices (e.g. compliance)
- Oversight and ongoing analysis of the customer relationship management (CRM) needs, structure and reporting
- Facilitating and coordinating order management processes to assure validation of orders, completion of orders, customer satisfaction, resolution of billing issues and the identification of opportunities.
- Contribute to, implement, and continually assess the sales deployment strategy, as well as other enterprise-level needs in regions where NARCAN is available as a benefit
- Identify and share insights and best practices from marketplace with cross-functional partners, and contributing key insights into business and brand planning
- Receiving incoming customer questions/queries and providing effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries
- Lead on tradeshows and conferences
- Opening new accounts and verifying national account listings, applicable discounts, rebates, etc.
- Arranging and conducting major business reviews for all key accounts
- Administration, analysis and reporting to management as required The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, health sciences or a related field is required
- Advanced business degree (MBA) is an asset
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
- Require 8 or more years in pharmaceutical industry, including sales or sales leadership experience; 2+ years of experience in sales/team leadership role
- Experience with pharmaceutical/device trade relations (especially pharmacy chain head offices) is an asset
- Self-starter and strong results-orientation
- Strong curiosity and strategic thinking/problem solving skills
- Strong and substantiated decision-making, and business maturity
- goes beyond the ?status quo? to identify opportunities and generate incremental value
- Strong sense of accountability and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize opportunities and maintain focus on priority projects/opportunities/tasks
- Strong leadership skills and ability to generate support and influence across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; conveys ideas effectively to diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience with selling a pharmaceutical product in Canada, and proficiency with regulations around the promotion of drugs and interactions with healthcare providers within the Canadian marketplace (familiarity with the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board Code and Innovative Medicines Canada Code of Conduct)
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of ?normal? work hours, in order to meet business demands
- This position requires travel across Canada (predominantly Ontario and Quebec) in fulfilling business needs (approximately 60%).
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check. Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!