At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The Portfolio Marketing Manager on the Device Marketing team will help lead and execute the wireless device marketing and selection strategy for our OEM partners like Google, Samsung and LG in the ever-changing world of smartphones. The individual will own the product strategy and entire life cycle of their OEMs devices from launch through to product sunset. They will bring to life the marketing for their OEMs during key marketing moments to promote the OEMs and lead the go to market execution. They will champion their OEMs and respective devices within the Rogers organization to ensure buy-in on the OEM and their products including smartphones and tablets products. The individual will be required to represent Rogers to the OEMs and is expected to manage a healthy relationship from a marketing and product perspective.
Key responsibilities would include all key marketing pillars, portfolio lifecycle, profitability, road mapping, device marketing plan, market research, device product marketing, propositions, Go To Market execution, sales communication, channel marketing coordination. This is a key cross functional role where providing leadership across different teams and being able to hold yourself and others accountable is a key to success.
What you will be doing:
- Develop device strategy for selected vendors, which incorporates KPI (LTV, nets, COA/COR, churn, subsidy, LTR), brand and customer requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend devices to fit into overall wireless portfolio based on research
- Lead large cross functional teams to complete end to end device lifecycle and ensure continual success of their product
- Create and execute a 360 marketing launch plan for device launches, aligned with a broad cross functional team and external stakeholders
- Champion the OEM within Rogers to help leverage the OEMs to achieve organizational priorities and be the key point of contact for their vendor
- Input into meeting series to fine-tune on a weekly basis the impacts of changes to the supply/demand plan for devices.
- Provide thought leadership on cross OEM ?special projects? and drive execution and alignment as required. For example; Tablets, pre-paid, MBB, Challenger OEMs, Operations and Channel.
What you bring:
- An entrepreneurial mindset who has experience in managing resources and leading large cross functional teams to deliver objectives
- Proven ability to influence and interact with internal and external cross-functional groups and various levels within an organization to ensure success of Rogers and OEMs KPI
- Ability to interpret and deliver against ambiguous tasks
- Experience in managing external partners and vendors
- Comprehensive analytical understanding of commercial KPIs and market insights that translates to identifying business opportunities and actions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skill
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing, product management or similar role
- wireless industry experience a definite asset
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint experience an asset
- Interest and understanding of wireless industry and technologies an asset
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 217210
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate