JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE :
The Marketing Manager, Strategic Customer Group is responsible for the development and execution of strategic programs to meet both the short- and long-term growth strategies driving innovation, leading critical cross-portfolio projects and supporting the development and implementation of account based integrated commercial strategies. This role serves as a collaborative partner to all business units to accelerate key strategies that will accelerate our Canadian brand presence and revenue growth. They will facilitate is strong coordination between the business and our functional partners: (supply chain, finance, medical affairs, and quality/regulatory affairs) The successful candidate will also be a significant contributor to the delivery of cross business objectives: expanding the depth and breadth of our individual BU offering, accelerating growth through collaboration across the various BDX portfolios and driving key growth initiatives through targeted metrics.
The successful candidate will work and collaborate closely with the Strategic Customer Group team, the Regional Marketing Leaders, HEOR, Government Affairs, and Medical Affairs, with ongoing collaboration with our US regional partners.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
BDX Opportunity Development
Support the development of compelling BDX marketing and sales strategies in collaboration with the Canadian Marketing Council, Strategic Customer Group, and Sales Leaders to implement customer solutions that drive incremental revenue growth for BD-Canada.
Marketing Planning & Strategy
Lead large cross-portfolio and cross-business projects, implementing critical commercial strategies, including but not limited to commercial campaigns, updating critical market insights, and adding marketing tools and functionality to raise marketing capabilities.
Working with a cross functional team to Explore and Develop new strategic and solution opportunities, making business cases that clearly quantify the commercial potential, including market potential, customer requirements, competitive assessment, pricing, and costs.
Associate and Team Development
Strong commitment to developing talent across extended teams; and actively focused on advancing the careers of marketing commercial associates. Consistently modelling the desired behaviors and creation of demand conditions for marketing tools; for example, support the BD Way of Marketing training curricula, marketing planning processes, competencies, and recognition programs.
Annual Strategic Review
Strong collaboration with US Strategic Marketing team to drive harmonies and key targeted focus areas to strengthen the ONE BD approach. Provide key insights with both short- and long-term strategies to elevate BD brand recognition, unlock market value and drive accelerated growth.
Develop a leading customer experience with the BD brand. Recognized within the marketing function and across other functions as a true advocate for the customer and/ or patient. Develop and manage external relationships with vendors as needed to achieve business objectives, being the point of contact for any interactions, including status updates, scope of work management, tracking timelines, ensuring deadline, etc.
Collaboration & Culture
Strong dedication to a culture of collaboration within the business and between the functions. Driving execution our strategy through alignment and collaboration with sales & SCDs, clinical/applications, finance, medical affairs, HEOR, Contracts, RFP Team, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Strategic problem solver with demonstrated ability to formulate and implement bold marketing and product strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans, and deliver results.
- Creative out-of-the-box mentality, is intellectually curious, stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel ideas.
- Sound decision making capabilities and the ability to make decisions, managing risks and uncertainty, even in the absence of consensus when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to effectively negotiate and persuade others.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing excellence; proven skills in driving strategic offering for healthcare's C-suite and higher
- Ability to gain deep insights from relationships, analytics, and research to advise marketing plans and targeted campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability in market planning and execution for sales efficiency
- Ability to work in cross functional team, encouraging environment of customer centricity with speed to action
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing
Education and experience required:
- BSc, MBA (preferred)
- In depth knowledge and a key understanding of BD business Unit growth strategies, sales organization, structure, process and culture
- 5 years healthcare leadership in marketing/sales management
- Proven capabilities developing and delivering customer value
- Ability to lead in a Matrix
- Demonstrated leadership/coaching
- In depth knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare system with principles of value-based health care (VBHC)
- Proven track record of leading and getting results in complex cross-functional engagements
- Understanding/experienced in managing financial/operational processes
- Bilingualism in English and French an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- up to 25% of time
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture based on your feedback in the Trust Index® survey, and we've just published the news about us on their social media channels. You can check these out here. And if you think your friends and networks would be interested in knowing more about your workplace, sharing these posts is a great way to give them some insight!
Becton Dickinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, Becton Dickinson will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you require by contacting HR at 1-855-234-3577.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program
- which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components
- is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationCAN Mississauga
- Derry Road West