- where you'll find a culture unlike any other agency and a growing team of incredibly talented and dynamic people.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting-edge content, to corporate reputation and measurement. Our global consumer practice represents some of the largest and most iconic lifestyle brands in the retail, sports and entertainment, food and beverage and health industries.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and passionate Social Media Manager to join the Golin team in Toronto.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and passionate Social Media Manager who is a natural multi-tasker and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As the social media manager, no two days will be the same. You will be responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring the social media efforts for several of our clients in order to grow online communities and increase brand awareness, working closely with our Digital Director and associates.
You are a creative and dynamic copy writer and content planner who always has the audience target in mind
- creating compelling posts, stories and long-form content that is compelling and brag-worthy.
What You'll Do:
Reporting to the Director, Digital, you will:
- Develop ideas and concepts for engaging, on-brand content
- Brief design team on content direction, where applicable
- Manage and grow junior team members working on social media projects
- Develop and manage content calendars across multiple brands
- Ability to tailor tone and voice depending on brand and channel
- Copywriting for both owned channels as well as paid social media and digital content
- Maintain a tone for voice for individual brand channels
- Manage analytics and reporting to understand channel performance; communicate and test ways to improve performance and drive objectives for each channel
- Provide digital insights to the team and client where applicable
- Manage customer engagement including requests regarding products and availability on applicable channels
- Identify areas for growth across all digital channels
- Monitor developments in the digital landscape to identify opportunities for our clients
What You Have:
- Minimum of 2 years social media management experience required (including strategic planning and community management) in addition to relevant work experience (total of at least 5+ years of experience in social media related roles).
- Experience managing and mentoring a junior level employee an asset
- Excellent copywriting skills and strong understanding of 'tone of voice' for various audiences
- Proven record of compelling content creation
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor or Diploma preferably in a relevant field
- Design/photography skills is considered an asset
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We're especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, our work from anywhere positioning and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at via Isarta. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.