The Field Marketing Manager (FMM) is responsible for building the local face of Red Bull in a relevant way and in line with global and national strategies and priorities in their field. The FMM will build strong local network that includes opinion-leaders and key influencers both online (social media) and offline. They create and implement marketing initiatives in Red Bull's four key pillars of our marketing mix (Consumer Collecting, Sports, Culture and Communications). As well, the FMM will leverage On Premise, Off Premise and new business opportunities to address local needs and customs, impacting the heart of local consumers and generating new successful business developments. The FMM is constantly out ?in the field' making things happen. This position sits on the Commercial Leadership Team for the Prairies region.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION AND RIGHTNESS OF BRAND PRIORITIES
- Infuse global and national Red Bull priorities, strategies and philosophy in the field focusing on building a local face of our global brand.
- Ensure top-notch understanding of the consumer in various fields across the region, forming the basis of local idea generation and execution.
- Define ideas and programs that increase understanding of the product functionality on a local level and building brand image (working closely with National Marketing Specialists).
- Be the regional intelligence, sharing market insights (consumer insights, competitors, etc.) with the national team.
- Work in conjunction with the regional sales team to build mental availability hand in hand with the physical availability within On Premise, Off Premise and New Business environments and ensuring the product is at arms reach in every field marketing activity.
- Deliver the annual approved business plan for the region.
- Drive relevance across a variety of consumption occasions and moments of need through tailored messaging, amplification of occasion campaigns and activating the right big moments in the region.
- Work cross-functionally, managing internal & external requests in line with the annual business plan priorities.
PREMIUM APPEAL OF LOCAL PRIDE
- Create and support local key events, scenes and marketing opportunities in line with Red Bull brand values and relevant to the local consumer and media landscape, with a focus on participation.
- Ensure that every consumer experience with the brand is positive, thanks to love for the detail and premium execution at events and all other field marketing activities.
- Add value to selective 3rd party events by determining the appropriate level of Red Bull brand support & branding with the objective of increasing brand visibility and product usage in relevant scenes.
- Build a top-notch network and sustainable relationships with the key influencers of the region (local authorities, local sport and cultural opinion leaders relevant to our target, entrepreneurial and start-up communities, media outlets (TV, radio, print, digital and social media)).
- Leverage the Event Vehicle program across the entire Red Bull Marketing Mix in the right way to excite & surprise consumers.
- Understand the latest generational trends by being close to our consumers and talking to our networks in the different scenes.
- Create new and innovative ideas that bring both the energy drink and the Red Bull brand to life, tapping into local networks, scenes and opinion-leaders, and execute these ideas with the right balance between the 4 pillars of the marketing mix, based on the knowledge and ownership of your region and the global and national priorities.
- Ensure digital and social media sit at the heart of every field marketing activity.
- Identify and selectively support cross-marketing opportunities (with sales, marketing & Red Bull Media House).
ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES AND ENABLING STRUCTURE
- Act as a role model and display the Red Bull values with a consistent tone of voice that is motivating and inspiring.
- Source, hire, train and manage FMSs who have a positive attitude and strong network.
- Coach FMSs in sourcing, hiring and training their Student Marketeers and approve every new hire.
- Set regional objectives and clear goals for FMSs to ensure accountability to their key deliverables and conduct on-going, mid-year and end of year performance evaluations.
- Provide on-going coaching and support to ensure FMSs achieve their deliverables.
- Identify and nurture key talent for the potential space-to-shine opportunity.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- 6-9 years marketing experience preferably in brand/product management, sports/events or culture marketing or in the field.
- Minimum 5 years experience of line management with expertise in hiring, training, administration and motivating teams.
- Ideally, experience in working with commercial teams
- general sales or trade marketing.
- Proven background in negotiation and management of budgets.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A ?connector' who has excellent communication and networking skills, who can open doors and excite people of an idea.
- Strong ?can do' attitude, strives for perfection and love for the detail in every project.
- A continual understanding of consumer trends and insights (digital, trends, University life, moving patterns).
- A creative marketer with depth in brand understanding and innovation, who puts new ideas into practice fast.
- Strong understanding of youth culture in sports & culture in the region.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, including presenting and training abilities, and the ability to seamlessly blend in with a diverse audience.
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional teams with different objectives and personalities.
- University Degree
- English spoken and written
- Travel up to 25%
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style