25 Dockside Dr, Toronto, ON M5A 1B6, Canada Req #1198
Monday, March 29, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Division: Corporate People
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario (currently work from home during pandemic)
Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. Some of our incredible brands include: Global News, Food Network, Showcase, W Network, HGTV, YTV, Q107, 102.1 the Edge and many more...
Our Ideal Candidate is.... a payroll professional who wishes to join an exciting company within a large Total Rewards team where they can learn and contribute to the business through supporting dedicated payroll client groups.
Now about the job.....reporting to the Payroll Supervisor the Full Time Payroll Coordinator will be supporting their assigned client groups while also being a collaborative payroll team player with departmental projects and other initiatives.
Some of the things you will do...
- Develops good understanding of unique business needs of assigned client groups within a high volume national payroll of 3,500+ employees, with 14 union groups and multiple benefit and pension plan arrangements to support non-union and union employees.
- Processes transactions and/or reviews self-service entries for non-union and union semi-monthly payrolls for various groups including new hires, job/salary/personal changes, transfers, benefits and leaves of absence, taxable benefits, garnishments, miscellaneous entries, and terminations.
- Ensures payroll and benefits are administered accurately as per our company policies, union collective agreements and benefit and pension programs, performing daily audit checks of all transactions, ensure accuracy of online data
- Validates and processes timesheets imported to Ceridian Dayforce HCM for payment
- Processes special payments according to offer letters and severance agreements
- Calculates retroactive pay, disability, and other adjustments as required
- Previews payroll transactions/timecard entries to ensure accurate payment for each payroll run
- Handles stop payments and manual cheque calculations/request forms ensuring to apply learnings to prevent reoccurrence
- Calculates over payments, creates letters where needed, follows up with associated parities and updates overpayments log
- Responds to Corus Payroll and personal email boxes payroll inquiries and verbal discussions with assigned client groups on a regular and timely basis in a professional and courteous manner
- Files all payroll documentation on a daily basis in Dayforce Document Management rigorously ensuring that all recordkeeping is maintained on an up-to-date basis for compliance and internal controls auditing
- Creates Records of Employment (ROE's) for submission to Service Canada
- Provides support to Payroll Supervisor and Sr. Manager, Payroll & HR Systems as assigned
- Provides Payroll team support for data entry and other projects as assigned as well as back up for other Payroll Coordinators when required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience processing payroll in complex multi-union environment interpreting payroll documentation against collective agreements on a regular basis
- Good interpersonal and communications skills verbally and in writing
- Experience supporting clients through understanding their unique business needs
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution
- Exceptional time management, flexibility and multi-tasking skills
- Good knowledge of Excel for managing spreadsheet and applying formulas and other functions an asset
- Good knowledge of computerized systems and various software programs
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation (e.g. overtime, statutory holiday pay) in both full time and continuous operation
- Attend webinars, seminars, and workshops in order to keep up to date on legislative requirements
- Obtain/Maintain Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) designation
- Ensure confidentiality and maintain integrity of the department
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.