What is the opportunity?
Proud to be Canada's Top Private Bank* for 11 consecutive years, join RBC's Private Banking group. Working with the RBC Private Banking communications team, the Manager, Communications, is responsible for supporting the development and execution of communication and change management plans that support and advance Private Banking's strategic initiatives and drive business enablement and employee engagement.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement communication plans to support business partners and RBC enterprise with their messaging to Private Banking. Determine the relevant language for each audience and the appropriate communications channels available including team meetings, email, intranet, RBC Connect.
- Provides day-to-day tactical support in the development and execution of communications material including intranet articles, executive messages, social media posts and speeches, presentations, memos, blogs, videos and printed materials ensuring information is timely, relevant and accurate.
- Works in collaboration with partners in PB, P&CB, Wealth Management and enterprise corporate communications to increase employee understanding of initiatives and cultivate an engaged workforce through storytelling and effective communications.
- Manage the design, development, ongoing maintenance and engagement strategy of the Private Banking intranet and Connect sites.
- Create and manage the layout and design of communications that adhere to brand standards
- Support the measurement of communication effectiveness by establishing and promoting performance measures, and gathering and preparing reports as required
- Research and maintain awareness of current communication best practices in the industry and at RBC to recommend innovative communication strategies
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree and post grad certificate in corporate communications along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style writing
- 5 years of experience working in corporate communications
- Experience in managing internal communication and implementing internal communication programs.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task across many projects
- Highly collaborative and innovative team player
- Customer Service drive and highly results-oriented
- Proficient in using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience in digital media and/or web design
- Highly effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize and plan effectively
Nice to Have
- Financial services experience
- Advance skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience in digital media, web design and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Aptitude to learn and test new communications media
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, we use progressive thinking to keep growing, and we work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work and to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 200 Bay St.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/08/2021
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 339557