Bylands Nurseries Ltd. is a producer of premium plants offering one of the most diverse and complete mixes of hardy plants available in North America. Over the past 60 years, Bylands has been recognized with numerous industry awards for outstanding business practices and environmental stewardship.
This is a Seasonal contract position that will earn $18/hr.
With the Area Sales Representative, you will plan customer visits to assist them in placing replenishment orders with Bylands. You will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, and monitoring the health of merchandise displays (including perennials, nursery stock and promotional items). Once you have reviewed the product/quantities with the customer, the Area Sales Representative will process the order.
- Supports Sales Representative and customers to create/identify specific site needs and goals before product arrives in May.
- Reports directly to Sales Representative daily to receive instruction.
- Keeps daily journal of customer visits and provides feedback to Sales Representative on customer interaction/satisfaction.
- Addresses any customer concerns as able, or relays to Sales Representative.
- Maintains merchandise displays (focusing on perennials & nursery stock):
- Checks plant health (disease, insects);
- Cleans display area;
- Stocks from overflow and condense empty slots, trays (highlight inventory gaps).
- Facilitates order process:
- Generates suggested orders based on inventory needed;
- Reviews orders with Sales Representative and customer;
- Submits order to Sales Representative or office for processing.
- Maintains POP material as required.
- Has access to other sales staff on availability of products and Bylands shipping department for location of product and arrival times.
Our Culture of Excellence supports our Vision (Enhancing Lives With Plants). We are a cohesive team that communicates enthusiastically, brainstorming solutions and helping each other. We take ownership & accountability for decisions, approaching each day with empowerment to seek continuous growth. We prioritize the customer & the service we provide to them.
Core Competencies: Accountability, Growth, Integrity & Quality
- Adaptability (includes handling high-pressure)
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
Education / Experience:
- Diploma in horticulture, or equivalent experience
- 2 years' related sales experience
- Valid Driver's License required
- hands-on, involves physical exertion requiring the ability to lift up to 20lbs, squatting, bending, extended time walking/standing. May be exposed to wide range of weather conditions including hot, cold, windy and/or wet.
- reliable vehicle required for extensive travel within the Sales area. Mileage will be reimbursed monthly at rate provided by CRA.
- Tools / Equipment
- will require pruners & gloves, closed-toe shoes
- Fast paced, high-pressure environment during the spring shipping season. Diverse customer base.