Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker
- always asking, ?What if??
If so, then you may be the new team member we're looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters
- whether you're developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing communication deliverables and activities in support of corporate and executive goals, employee and customer engagement and the company's marketing programs for software products and services, as directed by department head and/or group managers.
What you'll do
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates specified communications and promotional projects (including and) in support of activities such as corporate/product positioning; product launches; competitive analysis; external and internal communications; media, investor, influencer, analyst and community relations.
- Develops long-range planning goals and metrics for meeting communications objectives. Tracks and reports on appropriate performance metrics for a variety of programs and channels.
- Creates communications that advance the company's business objectives
- including increasing brand awareness and employee engagement, supporting sales lead generation and increasing customer retention and loyalty.
- Publishes to, and works in, a number of content, communications or digital platforms including content management systems, blogging platforms, social media management platforms, etc.
- Stays abreast (at an in- depth level) of industry trends, developments, and current technologies and shares information with management and staff.
- Drafts and edits communications materials for senior leadership and other relevant spokespeople to highlight SAS at key industry events (could be talking points, speeches, presentation development).
- Writes articles, press releases, media advisories, scripts, talking points, blog posts, captions, Web text as needed to reach both internal and external audiences.
- Develops communication plans and strategies (local, national, global), collaborates on messaging that helps company mission, and helps arm sales and business partners with proof points that promote SAS leadership in key areas (could be messaging, news releases, success stories, blogs, videos, etc.)
- Consults on social media strategy and messaging to ensure alignment with corporate communication goals.
- May be called upon for public speaking in areas of expertise.
- May be responsible for managing an outside agency.
- May act as a primary point of contact or Team Lead for key projects/activities that favorably represent SAS External Communications (i.e., new initiatives, announcements, external research, etc. that support the SAS brand.)
- May conduct internal and external research to aid in developing communications message and strategy, and conduct internal training in communications methodology and strategy
- Advises SAS leadership, divisions and global staff (as relevant) on how to meet specific objectives via appropriate communications tools and channels.
- Creates internal and external communications, including magazines, articles, news releases, brochures, product descriptions, announcements, ads, direct mail, newsletters, scripts, digital communications (video, audio, social media, web content, etc.) and other communication materials.
- Integrates both new and traditional media approaches to stay current with communication trends and target audiences.
- May also create or direct the creation of visual communications such as info graphics, photographs and videos.
- Develops and maintains relationships and engagement with relevant constituents, which may include external media, influencers, employees, partners, customers and community members in order to deliver and publish key company messages and engage in dialogue.
Requires a minimum of eight years of relevant experience. Depending on area of assignment, experience with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field. Course work in feature and/or news writing, advertising, copy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Writing copy in a corporate environment or in an independent business-to- business, high-tech, or consumer-product advertising agency
- Writing copy for marketing campaigns and brand promotions, including advertising (print and online), direct marketing or online channels
- News reporting or feature writing or editing in related media relations, a public relations agency or a corporate environment. Must present a portfolio of work at interview.
- Script writing and event coordination experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications strategy to achieve corporate goals
- Advanced proficiency in the specific types of writing and editing related to area of assignment.
- Solid grasp of current best practices for the execution and delivery of relevant communication vehicles. Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strength in practices related to measuring communications projects, including new media
- Experienced with social media communications channels; ability to integrate these channels into plans & strategies to achieve stated goals
- Ability to track communication based on usage and ?pick up? metrics, and contribute to the ongoing effort of connecting communication to sales results (to include developing and tracking ?calls to action' in relevant communications channels)
- Ability to work effectively with photographers and videographers to capture images that support communications goals
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn't about fitting into our culture, it's about adding to it
- and we can't wait to see what you'll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn