Director, Sales & Marketing, KCP
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #1135
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role
The Sales and Marketing Director oversees all aspects of sales and marketing leadership at Kids Can Press, from business planning and strategy, to budgeting and forecasting, to leading the development and execution of key account plans and marketing campaigns in order to increase sales and drive revenue growth.
The Sales and Marketing Director leads the Sales and Marketing team in meeting KCP's revenue targets and identifies and pursues new revenue generating opportunities.
A valuable member of the KCP Senior Management team, the Sales and Marketing Director cultivates ideas, strategies and initiatives to propel overall business growth.
The candidate will have a broad knowledge of the publishing industry and demonstrated success in a prior sales and marketing role.
The candidate will have extensive experience and proven success in sales, marketing, advertising and brand management.
- Developing and executing the sales strategy and plan for all channels
- Leading the Sales team in successfully meeting their goals
- Developing and growing KCP's custom publishing channel revenue
- Setting and tracking sales goals, as well as expense budgets
- Cultivating positive relationships and collaborating with all stakeholders, including distributors, creators, key accounts, team members and colleagues
- Forecasting sales and assisting the team in inventory management
- Collaborating with the Operations and Editorial teams in setting prices and print runs for new lists
- Leading the strategic planning, budgeting, development and execution of marketing plans, including publicity and promotional initiatives to increase the awareness of KCP, its brands and its titles, to achieve revenue goals and financial targets
- Planning and allocating the Marketing and Publicity budgets
- Seeking out opportunities to adapt existing plans and develop new initiatives/campaigns based on competitive analysis, sales/trend analysis and campaign analysis
- Planning, developing and executing author, brand and themed campaigns to achieve objectives, as well as trade marketing efforts to support key retailer business building strategies
- Leading team members to ensure each of them is tracking to expected results, and identifying efficiencies across the team
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Minimum 10 years' sales experience, including leading a sales organization
- Track record of growing year-over-year sales, including in the trade and consumer channels
- Demonstrated experience in identifying new opportunities and successfully building a franchise(s) within a variety of channels, including retail
- High energy and driven to meet and exceed targets
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Creative thinker with a positive outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to prepare and present effective PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Problem solver with strong research and organizational skills
- Financial and sales data analysis skills with the ability to prepare spreadsheets, analyze and present data and results
- Knowledge of the entertainment and publishing industries, including books, movies, pop culture and social media
- Passion for children's books
- Solid computer skills (KCP is a Mac environment)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
02-Sales & Marketing