Wattpad is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Social Media Intern to join our growing Marketing team on a 4 month contract (May-August). Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you will work closely with the Marketing team to support brand, campaign, partnership, and marketing needs across a range of social accounts (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube). You will be responsible for contributing to a range of social media initiatives at Wattpad, providing cross-functional support to various brand verticals (Wattpad platform, Wattpad Books, Wattpad Studios, and Wattpad Brand Partnership) to grow our online presence and increase engagement through key social media channels.
We're looking for a social media superstar who lives and breathes social trends! You combine a creator's enthusiasm for creating viral content with a sociologist's curiosity to understand online communities. Coupled with a love of pop culture, entertainment, and reading and writing, you will help ensure Wattpad is talked about, loved, Liked, shared, favourited, dueted, and re-shared all over the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Use marketing tools (e.g. Later, Agorapulse, Google Data Studio) and native social media tools (e.g., Facebook Creator Studio, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Analytics) to distribute organic social media content, compile key metrics, and help develop regular reports to stakeholders
- Oversee optimization of links for tracking purposes using OneLink / Appsflyer and Bit.ly
- Monitor mentions of Wattpad across social media platforms, responding to our most frequently asked questions, and escalating any risk to brand or user safety to applicable teams
- Source user generated content, and work closely with our Talent and Stars teams to create social media content in collaboration with influential Wattpad users
- Assist with organization of digital assets, maintenance of content calendar, fulfilment of sweepstakes, distribution of company swag, and project briefing to the Creative Team
- Stay up-to-date on social trends, tools, best practices, emerging new platforms, and source user generated content that can be leveraged to engage our global audience
What we're looking for:
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited university, with a major in marketing, social media marketing, or related
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to tailor your writing for key audiences
- You have demonstrated success using social media channels and have a point of view on which brands are doing amazing work in social
- Strong organizational and execution skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environmentYou have an instinct for knowing what visuals will work for social
- and may have even edited or created your own (with tools like Canva, Photoshop, or After Effects)
- You are comfortable with data and can glean learning and insights from numbers
- you can calculate click-through rates, conversion rates and engagement rates with ease
- Ideally, a Wattpadder with a strong love for stories and a desire to help us uplift and promote diverse and underrepresented voices
- On camera experience and enthusiasm!
What we offer:
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit (remote for now!)
- And a whole lot more!
**Update: Wattpad is still actively hiring for this role! We are a robust and growing business; our search for new talent continues.**
Due to the current state with COVID-19, Wattpad will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody's need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
We also want to respect our team's personal needs and capacity for professional commitments during this time; consequently our pace for the interviewing process might be impacted.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with?
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn't mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.