Job Description :
Position: Communications Advisor
File #: 2021-20621
Status: Full Time (1)
Dept/Program: CAN Health Network
Posted: March 31, 2021
Internal Deadline: April 7, 2021
Trillium Health Partners is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities. As part of Trillium Health Partners' new strategy, the hospital became a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and research became a strategic priority. In support of this priority, Trillium Health Partners' research institute, the Institute for Better Health, was created.
The CAN Health Network is a national partnership with leading Canadian health organizations (Edges) and companies across Canada's six major regions that work together under the same National Network to introduce new technologies into the health care system, and pave the way for Canadian businesses to scale and spread across Canada and globally.
Job Purpose & Summary:
THP is seeking an experienced Bilingual (French & English) Communication Advisor for the CAN Health Network, a national network of health organizations working to scale promising Canadian health technologies. Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Marketing, CAN Health Network, the Communications Advisor will take a lead role in supporting an ambitious organizational mission as we work to expand the Network across Canada.
The Communications Advisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of high quality, internal and external strategic communications programs in support of the CAN Health Network's strategic goals and priorities. The Communications Advisor is a creative and strategic individual who has a broad range of experience with writing, editing, media relations, event management and digital media. The ideal candidate for this position will be an exceptional writer who understands nuances of working with both the public and private sector. You are highly motivated and ambitious and have a self-started and entrepreneurial mindset and love not only creating new concepts but executing. You are highly collaborative and work well in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated team members.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communications strategy development: Produce or oversee the production of communication plans & materials including research, writing, editing, and creative conceptualization for commercialization projects and partnerships.
- Lead the creation & execution of the CAN Health Network digital strategy leveraging digital technology solutions and incorporate digital, social and web to support strategic communications plans.
- Media Relations: Coordinate interactions with the media, develop engagement strategies and develop and maintain relationships.
- Project Management: develop and execute on detailed tactical communications plans aligned with the overall requirements of various internal projects/initiatives such as the Annual General Meeting.
- Engage & support CAN Heath Network Edges & companies is amplifying their work in bringing home grown Canadian solutions to health care systems from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
- Use metrics and Key Performance Indicators to evaluate success of communication and marketing activities and advise on future strategic direction.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Exceptional written communications skills in both English and French required
- University degree (or equivalent) in communications, public relations or journalism
- 5+ years of experience in communications and public affairs in progressively senior roles
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills; excellent customer relations and client management skills; ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Proven experience in working with complex communications structures and programs at multiple levels of an organization, with the ability to manage multiple clients
- experience working as part of a national organization considered an asset
- Creation and development of multiple strategic communication documents, including communication plans, memos, letters, newsletters, media releases, briefing notes and backgrounders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- Strong conceptual skills; systems thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity and works well independently
- Experience in a healthcare environment public or private is an asset
Position Location and Travel:
The position is a full time remote work opportunity. Travel to one of three Trillium Health Partners sites in Mississauga, Ontario for in-person meetings on a quarterly basis may be required (pending COVID-19 restrictions).
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.