Job Description :
Position: Interim Director, CAN Health Network (Public Affairs & Communications)
Status: Temporary Full Time (15 months)
Department: CAN Health Network
Posted: March 31, 2021
- April 19, 2021
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, along with several satellite locations, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
To learn more about Trillium Health Partners, please visit www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
The CAN Health Network is a Canada-first approach to technology adoption. It helps break down barriers to scaling in the health care system and provides an environment for companies to grow to their full potential. The CAN Health Network is a national network with partners in Ontario & the West and growing. To learn more about the CAN Health Network, visit www.canhealthnetwork.ca.
If you are passionate about your career, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
THP is seeking an Interim Director for the CAN Health Network, with a background in Government Relations and Communications. Reporting to the Executive Lead, the Director will help lead the CAN Health team to execute the objectives of the current federally-funded project as well as to position the Network for additional funding opportunities and growth. The Director will use their excellent leadership, political acumen and communications to lead and grow the Network. The Director will work directly with the Operations and Business Development team to ensure strong alignment, support partnerships and ensure highly effective and skilled communications internally and externally. The Director will act as a key advisor to senior leadership in CAN Health (Board), as well as Trillium Health Partners, participating in strategic and operationally planning advice and manage the Communications and Public Affairs team, supported by the Manager of Communications and Marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing national network for someone who is highly self-motivated, enjoys creating narratives and is highly strategic and thrives in building relationships.
- Work with the Executive Lead and Director of Operations to ensure successful completion of the objectives targeted in the federal funding agreement in Ontario and other jurisdictions as needed.
- Work with senior leadership at THP & CAN Health Network to pursue additional funding opportunities and revenue streams (federally, sponsorships and other) for the Network.
- Together with the Executive Lead and THP senior leaders work to build strong relationships with federal officials, minister's offices and local MPs, as well as other partner organizations.
- Create and maintain the engagement strategy for government, agencies and related partnerships.
- Expand the Network regionally, and in diversity of partnerships through strategic planning and implementation, leveraging the Operations team.
- Support the Executive Lead and Board of Directors in organizing quarterly board meetings and drafting materials.
- Lead and manage the Communications and Marketing team to promote success stories, educate other organizations and stakeholders on the Network's function and where the Network fits in the innovation ecosystem.
- Drive Network stories that enhance the brand awareness and understanding, leveraging digital tools, mainstream media, trade publications and other methods.
- Provide strategic advice (operational and communications) to senior leadership that will support and enhance the national network.
- With the support of the Communications Team, lead the execution of the Network's signature yearly event in October 2021
- the Annual General Meeting.
- Support the professional development of team members and building the national & regional teams.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of progressive management experience in a related field (health care, technology sector or government).
- Strong political acumen, with experience in government relations, with direct federal experience considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills and presentation skills.
- Effective and efficient time management skills, self-driven and highly resourceful.
- Strong conceptual skills, strategic thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity in rapidly changing environment and tight deadlines.
- Strong network and ability to collaborate and influence across many functions, levels and regions in Canada to achieve results.
- Results oriented, people focused, with ability to drive and motivate a team.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in government (federal) or the health care sector considered an asset.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
Position Location and Travel:
- While this role is typically located at Trillium Health Partners
- Mississauga Hospital site, it is currently being conducted remotely. Flexibility for ongoing remote work, pending candidate. Possible travel in Canada pending COVID-19 restrictions.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.