We're looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our in-house Creative Team on a four month work-term placement (May-August). You will be paired with a Designer who will act as Mentor to facilitate your work experience. As a Graphic Design Intern, you may be called to support digital and/or print work for our community, our partners, and our internal stakeholders, including the Wattpad Brand Partnerships, Wattpad Studios, Wattpad Books, and the Wattpad platform teams. During your time here at Wattpad, you can expect to work on at least one key community-facing project that will give you valuable experience in learning how to work with brand guidelines and translate marketing objectives into finished designs.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with your Mentor, you will support the translation of the Wattpad brand into creative assets, potentially including digital and social assets, print materials, and video
- You will support the day-to-day operations of of the Creative Team, helping to create, organize, and label assets for our creative library
- You may be called upon to take part in brainstorming creative and engaging tactics for marketing campaign development, social media engagement, and visual creative
- You may work directly with Marketing stakeholders to help solve marketing and business problems with creative ideas
What we're looking for:
- A graphic design student or recent graduate who is eager to learn and excited to grow their skillset and portfolio
- Ability to consolidate and implement feedback quickly, resolving questions and concerns tactfully and effectively
- Ability to work and communicate in a heavily focused, fast moving digital environment
- Interest in digital file management and organizational processes and a strong organizational ethic
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator
- Ideally, a Wattpadder with a strong love for stories and a desire to help us uplift and promote diverse and underrepresented voices
- Experience with motion design and video a plus, with possible portfolio samples to share
- Additional creative skills in your toolkit (i.e. photography, videography, HTML, illustration, 3D artwork)
What we offer:
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit (remote for now!)
- And a whole lot more!
**Update: Wattpad is still actively hiring for this role! We are a robust and growing business; our search for new talent continues.**
Due to the current state with COVID-19, Wattpad will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody's need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
We also want to respect our team's personal needs and capacity for professional commitments during this time; consequently our pace for the interviewing process might be impacted.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with?
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn't mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.