Putting people first, every day:
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity:
Based in the GTA, the role of the Sales and Marketing Support Specialist is to lead the strategic creation of various market collateral, and support research and innovation projects that will enable a variety of business development activities to help deliver content in pursuit of target account growth.
The primary focus of this role will be to facilitate the needs of the Consulting service line and industry teams in support of delivering on business goals and objectives. Our ideal new team member will possess the ability to balance the needs of stakeholders against the production of high quality creative assets under pressure and strict deadlines. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide a portfolio of related work.
The Sales and Marketing Support Specialist reports into the Sales Operations Lead within BDO Consulting and contributes to the overall development of key sales material for a majority of industries across the country.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop collateral and initiatives targeted in support of market enablement, market research, and market innovation
- Build and refine a wide range of engaging and consistent communications artifacts
- Support delivery activities for both internal programs and through strategic account pursuits for clients
- Engage in innovation programs that help identify new opportunities and solutions
- Liaison with and support national marketing relationship across key projects
- Able to meet and exceed project commitments, always keeping internal stakeholders informed of projects and progress
- Review and proofread artifacts to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to grasp the substance of business issues being communicated and clarify audience understanding
- A team player who demonstrates initiative and coordination proficiencies
- Synchronize and brainstorm with others at various levels in the organization in a strategic manner
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- 2+ years of marketing or sales experience in a B2B environment and BS/BA degree is preferred
- Highly skilled and proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc...)
- Skills and experience in layout, composition and information design (
- Familiar with research database tools such as Statista, IBIS World, Gartner, etc.
- Proactively engage in ways to develop, build and introduce new collateral that furthers business goals and objectives
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- French language skills are an asset but not required
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click ?Apply now? to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.