Field Sales Rep- Toronto and Eastern Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #100
Monday, April 5, 2021
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- TORONTO, ONTARIO
The Flowr Corporation is a Toronto-headquartered cannabis company with operations in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Our Canadian operating campus, located in Kelowna, BC, includes a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility; an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site; and a state-of-the-art R&D facility that is currently under construction. From this campus, we produce recreational and medicinal products. Internationally, we intend to service the global medical cannabis market through our subsidiary Holigen, which has a license for cannabis cultivation in Portugal and will operate GMP-designed manufacturing facilities in Portugal and Australia.
Our purpose is to Cultivate Better: People, Plants, Products. To this end, we aim to support improving outcomes through responsible cannabis use and, as established experts in cannabis cultivation, strive to be the brand of choice for consumers and patients seeking the highest-quality craftsmanship and product consistency across a portfolio of differentiated cannabis products. All of this can only be achieved through the hard work of our growing, passionate team, who share the core values of being Pioneers, Champions, and Students, in all that we do. Visit www.flowr.ca for more information.
We are looking for a Field Sales Representative in the market of Toronto and Eastern Canada to deliver partnership, education, customer and sales support with our preferred retail partners. The ideal candidate has a passion for authentic engagement and is responsible to ensure the Flowr product portfolio is positioned as the premium brand of preference across the retail channel and within the community of Toronto. The Field Sales Representative is a key contributor to Flowr's commercial success who has a deep understanding of the Canadian cannabis industry, its regulatory environment and the opportunities for strategic growth within it.
CORE JOB DUTIES
As a member of the commercial sales team, you will be reporting to and working closely with the National Sales Director as the in-market face of the Flowr brand. In this role, you will foster relationships with retail partners exceeding regional objectives by delivering value through a high-quality, consistent, effective and efficient visiting program cycle. Through meaningful engagements, you will uncover retailer objectives and align the Flowr brand to deliver mutually beneficial merchandising outcomes, energetic and engaging training sessions, and identifying community involvement activities. Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Adoption and compliance in the use of all internal tools and programs
- Maintain data accuracy through the daily upkeep of a CRM tool
- Create and execute territory action plans that address and prioritize growth opportunities within the market of Toronto and Eastern Canada
- Build meaningful relationships and identify new partnership opportunities within the retail channel, as well as within community organizations and consumer events, to increase Flowr's brand recognition within the market of Toronto and Eastern Canada
- Intrinsic motivation to deliver exceptional results against goals and key performance indicators including volume distribution, product and merchandising share of shelf, provincial market share, staff training and quality assurance auditing
- Work with retail partners to achieve preferred shelf positioning, maintaining consistent and adequate inventory levels across the Flowr product portfolio to eliminate out of stocks scenarios
- Deliver concise and specific monthly performance reviews of the designated market to leadership
- Observe and analyze sales intelligence reports and extract key observations that will allow for a targeted sales approach to the territory
- Maintain visibility within the community, known as a Flowr brand ambassador, to connect with consumers through tradeshows, invited private gatherings, and industry events driving engagement across Flowr's social media channels
- As a conduit between the community, retail store staff and Flowr, report feedback to leadership on a timely and regular basis
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The cannabis industry and this role require an aptitude an willingness to work in a fast-paced, complex and changing environment, with quickly-shifting priorities.
- 3+ years of territory business development expertise, experience in regulated categories an asset but not required
- Must have a valid G class drivers license and be willing to travel as required, with a flexible schedule
- You have a natural curiosity, infectious personality, openness and willingness to share knowledge and collaborate for best in class results within Flowr's business
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- A foundational understanding of The Cannabis Act, Cannabis regulations and Cannabis Advertising Guidelines
- You want to be a part of a great team, sharing wins and learnings and applying what you learn with your teammates
This is an exciting opportunity to join a promising industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement. Work alongside a skilled, professional and passionate team that genuinely intends to make a mark in this rapidly growing industry. This role offers great experience in a fast-paced environment.
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr's recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, the only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.